Daily rewards

zorghy

Question

Well, currently we have a problem with login of members in the teams on pokemmo, caused by the lack of the incentive without regular global events, like halloween, or the less of new regions. But if we have a type of the daily rewards for diary login? With exclusives vanitys for a sequence of logins? The players will have more motivation with rewards.

2 minutes ago, zorghy said:

The Staff can make this with BPs, for example, bonus in BP, or cash, or vanitys untreadables, like jason mask of halloween, or lucky coin diary with lucky egg in a sequence of logins, you just need think about and how make this without affect the market. But who is a great idea to call players to the community , yes, it is. This game need some attract to hold the players, cause just the events of guilds, or official events and tournaments not is the enough to hold players, a lot of guilds have problem to hold players because this.

Trust me, I've seen guilds put on some pretty epic events. You just have to find them. As for player retention, try to advocate for people to explore other aspects of the game if you need a break from competitive play. Perhaps invite your friends for a Pickup expedition, join the Lilycove Contests (I am almost tempted to make a guide about this since there is little attention for this feature), chat in Vermilion, play Hide and Go seek, etc. There are so many activities here on PokeMMO, no need for daily events.

Reserve untradeable vanities for holidays (oh no... @Desu may pop in with a jump scare, ok I warned you..). Anyways, explore the game and there is a likelihood that you may find a hidden treasure inside (PokeMMO is a big place).

On 10/5/2019 at 5:31 AM, TohnR said:

All other MMOs I played have some incentive for the players to play regularly and log every day.

Yeah sure just logging on and off won't make the game more active but it's actually some sort of psychological process that gets people used to logging every day without fail.

You could also do this with some kind of daily quests to accomplish to claim the reward like battling a few trainers, catching a certain pokemon in the wild ... It could range from small rewards like consumable items to some gift pokemon (untradable of course) for one month consecutive login.

But that's additional coding and it's pointless to even suggest because the admins aren't really trying to build a proper MMO. All they've been doing is make a connexions between maps and add a chat to the original games (which is great tbh). So if I were you I wouldn't be expecting much in that regard

Unfortunately yes, and this talk about save economy is bad when all who they make is nerf, nerf, nerf, and nerf. "Look, the players have a good money making npc farm: lets go nerf the money of npcs", "oh look, the players can make some money with amulet coin: Lets make this amulet coin be consumable to it make less money", ever making our sources be nerfed and waiting the guilds make the work of keep the game interesting. And, with an staff who can't be clear with us, who show contempt when can't make your actions clear, because the talk of sgm is supreme, and other things. I play since 2013, and never felt so despised by this game how now. Not because this sugestion, but a lot of things, like the lack of the incentive for guilds, who have to work hard to keep players because the game doesn't do that, a lot of bans made just by complaints, and nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf... 

I've actually done some thinking about this idea on my own but you beat me to making a thread about it.

A daily login reward is a good system to have. I play/played a lot of games with one and it's always a nice feeling getting something for free, regardless of the usefulness.

Having a daily login system with fixed rewards that slowly escalate with a few really good rewards (like each month has a refresh of rewards) sprinkled throughout/at the end gives you something to look forward to.

Some people say it'd be a balance issue but this would be an easy thing to plan around; simply don't drop stuff that's overpowered in whatever way you wish to see if. You could even have the rewards be untradeable to further alleviate the worries of people abusing the system to get free stuff to sell.(which'd be worthless on the GTL anyways) And again, the drops can easily be made fair. For example, maybe Day 1 can be like 4 Poke Balls and 1 Great Ball. Not OP for a noobie, and for a veteran/late-gamer it's still free stuff to throw at a mon that didn't cost anything to acquire. Even basic evolution stones(fire, water, grass, electric moon) would be an incredible convenience to have.

Something easy to have in the system would be something like a cool backpack/bag that you can't get anywhere else. It wouldn't affect gameplay, but if you want that swag then there it is.

Daily challenges on the other hand, I'm typically not a fan of. Most are more tedious than the worth of the payout. They'd need a strong incentive to be bothered with, especially to veterans/late gamers(which most games really don't pay enough attention to)

As for the "people will just login then leave" argument, that's not wholly wrong but it still gets the person to login at all, when they wouldn't otherwise. And you can't dismiss the "While I'm here—" feeling people often get now that they've already mentally committed some time to the game. Maybe they'll notice it's the time of day they need to catch something they still need, maybe suddenly feel like going out and fighting repeat battles for money. And the more time somebody has in-game, the more likely they are to look at something like a Donator Status badge or a fancy hat and go "Y'know what... yeah. Yeah, I think it's time I got one." and bam, you got that person's money by simply giving them a small incentive to login. And at the end of the day, a game like Pmmo with no up-front cost needs money to live.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:45 AM, Bestfriends said:

To me, this sounds more like something that a guild can do rather than PokeMMO.

Could not agree more with you @Bestfriends . As for you @zorghy Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the issue you have is with your teammates. Well, have you actually considered creating your own reward system? Back in our team we did implement a very strict policy regarding activity, and it did work. Sure we had some players that would complain about it. But that will always be the case .. if your team isn't dead, they will complain because people chat too much (???). My view... people always will find something to complain. Sorry, kinda losing focus here... My point is, be creative in your team, create your own stuff... things your teammates will feel encouraged to log in more often. :)

There really needs to be a daily reward system.

It would definitely motivate people to log in more often. Especially since after you beat all 3 storylines, there’s really no post-game content.

Sure it might mean people log on to get reward then log off. But that’s better than not logging on at all.

And the whole “self motivation and self reward system” argument that some are making to counteract daily rewards is dumb and doesn’t work. Not to mention a lazy excuse.

Edited by BoltBlades12

Daily quests could be cool to have, but just logging in shouldn't give any rewards imo, people with multiple accounts (myself included) could exploit such feature hard... Maybe have some tasks one has to complete to get the reward (like how they have daily research in Pokemon GO or daily clan mission in PubG Mobile).

5 hours ago, Akshit said:

Maybe have some tasks one has to complete to get the reward (like how they have daily research in Pokemon GO or daily clan mission in PubG Mobile).

That I could get behind. That way players are actually PLAYING the game as opposed to logging on, getting reward, logging off, rinse and repeat