How to Install sound MOD for Android

Extremely stoked that sound MODS are available for Android. Having some trouble on how to install it though.

I go to sounds folder, I choose the folder with the name of the region (Ex. HOENN) and it prompts me to keep selecting a folder? Am I doing it wrong?

Edited by BlackLegChef
Spelling error
1 minute ago, Raichuforyou said:

The folder path should be exactly the same for both PC and Android and should be contained within a .zip file. The only difference is that Android will need uncompressed .zips. This can be done using 7zip, Winrar, etc.

Oh, I see. So keep it the same. Just unzip for Android. I'll give it a shot later tonight. Thanks for the advice my dud.

Just now, BlackLegChef said:

Oh, I see. So keep it the same. Just unzip for Android. I'll give it a shot later tonight. Thanks for the advice my dud.

No, you do not unzip for Android. You have to still keep it in a .zip file for Android, it's just that you have to save it with no compression. Most .zip file achievers are made to where they automatically compress the zip; Android cannot handle compressed zips.

When you are archive some files, it will give you the option in programs like 7zip and Winrar to change the compression level. They will allow you to set that to "Store", which makes the zip compatible to work on Android.

1 hour ago, BlackLegChef said:

This is all very confusing . 

when you making the .zip file there is a option to make compress it, normal, high, or just not compress , i m gonna try it now (yes working now)

Edited by budadeth
1 hour ago, MarceFsS said:

I tried everything, but I can't run the MOD on android. Can anyone explain it to me in detail?

Sorry if you don't understand well, I'm using Google Translator.

look the mods folder should be this way, /sounds/region numer/song id 

the regions are Kanto = 0 , Hoen =1 and Unova = 2

soo it should look like /sounds/0/303.mp3 if you changing the kanto song 303

after that, grab info file, icon and sounds folder, you gonna need winrar to make them into 1 archive, grab those 3 files, right click, add to archive, then you gonna see a option like compression method that shows "normal" for default, you have to pick no compression, choose to make a .zip file, and in the name you put the name with .mod like music.mod

then accept the winrar will make an archive .mod that can run into android

if u have any doubt feel free to ask

7 minutes ago, budadeth said:

mira la carpeta de mods debe ser así, / sounds / region numer / song id 

las regiones son Kanto = 0, Hoen = 1 y Unova = 2

entonces debería verse como /sounds/0/303.mp3 si cambias la canción de kanto 303

después de eso, tome el archivo de información, el ícono y la carpeta de sonidos, necesitará winrar para convertirlos en 1 archivo, tomar esos 3 archivos, hacer clic derecho, agregar al archivo, luego verá una opción como método de compresión que muestra "normal" para de manera predeterminada, no debe seleccionar compresión, hacer un archivo .zip y, en el nombre, poner el nombre con .mod como music.mod

luego acepte que winrar creará un archivo .mod que puede ejecutarse en Android

si tienes alguna duda no dudes en preguntar

Thank you!. The problem was in the program I was using. I didn't do what I was saying, I changed for another and it worked!

28 minutes ago, budadeth said:

look the mods folder should be this way, /sounds/region numer/song id 

the regions are Kanto = 0 , Hoen =1 and Unova = 2

soo it should look like /sounds/0/303.mp3 if you changing the kanto song 303

after that, grab info file, icon and sounds folder, you gonna need winrar to make them into 1 archive, grab those 3 files, right click, add to archive, then you gonna see a option like compression method that shows "normal" for default, you have to pick no compression, choose to make a .zip file, and in the name you put the name with .mod like music.mod

then accept the winrar will make an archive .mod that can run into android

if u have any doubt feel free to ask

So I have to have another folder named "0" and then put the music files into that?

2 minutes ago, BlackLegChef said:

So I have to have another folder named "0" and then put the music files into that?

yes, inside sounds folder, put a 0 folder for kanto, 1, for hoen, and 2 for unova, inside that you put all your songs, if you want to make it for androd look the other comment i made, good luck friend

23 hours ago, budadeth said:

mira la carpeta de mods debe ser así, / sounds / region numer / song id 

las regiones son Kanto = 0, Hoen = 1 y Unova = 2

entonces debería verse como /sounds/0/303.mp3 si cambias la canción de kanto 303

después de eso, tome el archivo de información, el ícono y la carpeta de sonidos, necesitará winrar para convertirlos en 1 archivo, tomar esos 3 archivos, hacer clic derecho, agregar al archivo, luego verá una opción como método de compresión que muestra "normal" para de manera predeterminada, no debe seleccionar compresión, hacer un archivo .zip y, en el nombre, poner el nombre con .mod como music.mod

luego acepte que winrar creará un archivo .mod que puede ejecutarse en Android

si tienes alguna duda no dudes en preguntar

ok, that's to modify the songs of the regions and to modify the screams of the pokemon on android
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...