[MOD] Gilan's Sound Mod

Gilan

Trying my hand at making a music mod. Currently just have the title screen, Kanto and Hoenn done. I am open to feedback and suggestions on song choices, but the overall theme is pokemon remixes/orchestrated/HD (preference in that order) that match the location in-game if possible (so no epic Trainer Red music for the champion fight, it should be the Kanto Champion Music).

Download Link (Dropbox) it's about 500mb at the moment (so half a gigabyte). This one should work for android, let me know if it doesn't.

Credits:

Kanto

Hoenn

Edited by Gilan
Added Kanto Wild Victory Theme and minor updates

soo region folder id is 0 for kanto, 1 for hoenn and 2 for unova right? in the changelog it says to use the reginon name like, /sounds/kanto/song.mp3

i asked that dude Desu but seems to busy to reply, and i was looking for someone with more visibility to clarify this thing, thanks to your mod now i can work properly

excuse all that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY

i find that song quite great, i have my version of that song i edited myself, its basically the same but i could send it to you if you want

good luck with your mod friend!

6 minutes ago, budadeth said:

soo region folder id is 0 for kanto, 1 for hoenn and 2 for unova right? in the changelog it says to use the reginon name like, /sounds/kanto/song.mp3

i asked that dude Desu but seems to busy to reply, and i was looking for someone with more visibility to clarify this thing, thanks to your mod now i can work properly

excuse all that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY

i find that song quite great, i have my version of that song i edited myself, its basically the same but i could send it to you if you want

good luck with your mod friend!

Yes, the region IDs are: Kanto: 0, Hoenn: 1, Unova: 2.
If you wanted to change a specific track in Kanto the file path would be: sounds/0/ track.mp3 (both .mp3 and .ogg files work)

you need any help with this mod? I have a large background in music modding for video games. I was the Music Lead / Manager of Smash Bros. Legacy XP, and some other things. I'd kind of just be fun to chat, and see If I could convince you on some other remixes, and such. Since I got a good idea of "General Quality" from working on my previous projects. PS. I'd be nice to work with someone else then start from scratch, and figure out everything by myself, so that's why I would prefer a joint project with someone else.

Edited by TonyDGray
38 minutes ago, TonyDGray said:

you need any help with this mod? I have a large background in music modding for video games. I was the Music Lead / Manager of Smash Bros. Legacy XP, and some other things. I'd kind of just be fun to chat, and see If I could convince you on some other remixes, and such. Since I got a good idea of "General Quality" from working on my previous projects. PS. I'd be nice to work with someone else then start from scratch, and figure out everything by myself, so that's why I would prefer a joint project with someone else.

I'm happy to take suggestions, as I only have so much time in my day to search for remixes and listen to them. I'm only married to a few of the song choices, but some I do want to replace with something better.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, Gilan said:

Trying my hand at making a music mod. Currently just have the title screen, Kanto and Hoenn done. I am open to feedback and suggestions on song choices, but the overall theme is pokemon remixes/orchestrated/HD (preference in that order) that match the location in-game if possible (so no epic Trainer Red music for the champion fight, it should be the Kanto Champion Music).

Download Link (Dropbox) it's about 500mb at the moment (so half a gigabyte). This one should work for android, let me know if it doesn't.

Credits:

Kanto

Hoenn

Nice Sound Mod!

I want to report a bug, when you are fighthing against Team Magma/Aqua and won the battle it loses all music and sound effects.

Edited by Guguroto
6 hours ago, Guguroto said:

Nice Sound Mod!

I want to report a bug, when you are fighthing against Team Magma/Aqua and won the battle it loses all music and sound effects.

Do you know the Sound ID for that (I don't have a character that still needs to do the Hoenn storyline, so I'd have to make a new one)? Usually silence is 999, which if it's playing that, then I think it's a bug with the client and not with the sound mod. But I can put a sound track for 999 to compensate.

4 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Do you know the Sound ID for that (I don't have a character that still needs to do the Hoenn storyline, so I'd have to make a new one)? Usually silence is 999, which if it's playing that, then I think it's a bug with the client and not with the sound mod. But I can put a sound track for 999 to compensate.

Thanks for the support, but infortunately i have no ideia how to see/find the sound id, the strange thing is, it doens't show any message of error. I usualy have to close the Pokemmo app and then relaunch, this seems to resolve, but if i fight any Aqua/magma, after the victory no sound. Sorry for my bad english (Playing on Android).

483: Battle (Magma/Aqua Leader Maxie/Archie)

That would be the battle theme for them
Though, if it's only triggered after the battle ends then it would be the victory tune.
But, I don't think they have their own victory tune.
They most likely use the trainer victory or gym leader victory tunes.

17 minutes ago, Guguroto said:

Thanks for the support, but infortunately i have no ideia how to see/find the sound id, the strange thing is, it doens't show any message of error. I usualy have to close the Pokemmo app and then relaunch, this seems to resolve, but if i fight any Aqua/magma, after the victory no sound. Sorry for my bad english (Playing on Android).

use the chat command /bgm   (tells you the current background music's id)

6 minutes ago, DemonicDax said:

483: Battle (Magma/Aqua Leader Maxie/Archie)

That would be the battle theme for them
Though, if it's only triggered after the battle ends then it would be the victory tune.
But, I don't think they have their own victory tune.
They most likely use the trainer victory or gym leader victory tunes.

483 is working as intended in the mod. I'm pretty sure that the client itself is calling 999 for aqua/magma battle victories (just trying to get confirmation); pretty sure it's a bug.

Because, even if I didn't map a song to it, it would be playing the default gba song.

20 minutes ago, Gilan said:

use the chat command /bgm   (tells you the current background music's id)

483 is working as intended in the mod. I'm pretty sure that the client itself is calling 999 for aqua/magma battle victories (just trying to get confirmation); pretty sure it's a bug.

Because, even if I didn't map a song to it, it would be playing the default gba song.

I don't know If It helps, but after i beat the Magma Líder inside the Volcano (forgot the right name of the place) It stops all the music and sound effects too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...