Phenomenon assistance

Damian

For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to hunt phenomena to get OT Ducklett/Swanna, Audino, and Emolga for my Pokedex. It's proven to be much more difficult than I first imagined.

My usual circuit is:

Route 2 -> Dreamyard -> Route 3 -> Pinwheel Forest --> Route 5 -> Driftveil Drawbridge -> Cold Storage --> Route 16 -> Lostlorn Forest -> Marvelous Bridge -> Route 15 --> Route 9 -> Route 10 -> Route 11 -> Village Bridge -> Route 12 -> Giant Chasm --> Route 1 --> Repeat

I've probably done 50 or more circuits over the last couple of weeks and so far have found only 1 phenomenon, on Driftveil Drawbridge. I have some questions:

1. Is there a more efficient circuit than the one I'm doing? I ran into a water one for Alomomola by chance so I don't need to get those ones.

2. Is the bug I have heard mentioned about phenomena visuals not appearing unless you relog known to have been fixed?

3. Do phenomena have sounds in the overworld like they do on cartridge? If so, I can alt-tab while on my laptop and do other things and just listen out for the sounds.

4. If a phenomenon spawns while you are on top of the cell, do you automatically enter a battle, or do you have to move away and then back on? Again, I could use this to take advantage of not having to constantly look at the game.

5. Do you have any other tips or advice for making this  a less Sisyphean task?

I know a lot already about the phenomena from reading the forums. The basics are as follows:

• Phenomena appear in two of 177 different locations around Unova at any particular time:
  • A particular phenomenon location has a ~3% chance of being active within an hour:
  • Encountering a phenomenon pokemon has a chance of dropping a Mysterious Gem. These are used with elemental hold items (eg Charcoal, NeverMeltIce, etc.) to change the type of Hidden Power, and to make elemental gems (eg Fire Gem, Ice Gem, etc.)
  • The only phenomenon-exclusive pokemon are: Audino, Ducklett/Swanna, Emolga, and Alomomola. Other pokemon from phenomena can be encountered elsewhere.

2. Is the bug I have heard mentioned about phenomena visuals not appearing unless you relog known to have been fixed?

no i have reported this bug for almost a year now with a video proof of that bug.no admin has even begin to acknowledge that bug in my bug report topic.

Its possible u had a pheno be active but it did not show while u were checking.You need to relog in the area of a possible pheno to fix bug.

If you are in route 3 and relog you will fix all bugs in route 3.If you go to route 2 next and dont relog in route 2 then u wont fix bug.

Also if you go on exact tile of pheno you will get it even if its bugged.

3. Do phenomena have sounds in the overworld like they do on cartridge? If so, I can alt-tab while on my laptop and do other thing

yes they do.If its bugged you wont see or hear it.

4. If a phenomenon spawns while you are on top of the cell, do you automatically enter a battle, or do you have to move away and then back on? Again, I could use this to take advantage of not having to constantly look at the game.

no you will stand on the pheno tile and need to go on the tile again.

5. Do you have any other tips or advice for making this  a less Sisyphean task?

use alts to camp some pheno spots.especially far areas like route 15.Since you login on specific area with alt you alredy auto fix bug in that area.

A pheno lasts exactly 10 minutes so u could go check every 10 minutes.and make sure to go on exact tiles of pheno if you dont fix bug by relog.