New Box options

lallo17

Question

Hello everyone,

back from my hunting session I found myself staring at my hoplessy messy PC boxes, so I started thinking if we could have more options for box organization. For instance a "sort by catch date/ pokedex number/ egg group ..." or similar.

What do you all think? Can those kind of options be useful to others besides me? Have you any suggestion?

10 answers to this question

On 9/25/2019 at 1:48 PM, Ben11 said:

An "automated sort option" would be very nice, actually. It would save a lot of time!

Automated sort might be a little too strong in the sense of 'time saved' and being able to literally ignore box limitations basically, it would get a little too simple.

That said I'm not a fan of inventory tetris, and I wouldn't particularly mind it gone but I doubt the devs would do that given that I've seen they won't change some other good QoL options because it would make things better/less hassle for players/save time (Like option to not have battle animations/instant text/etc, which is honestly my biggest turn off in PokeMMO)

If implemented what I would like to see indeed would be an option box on each box you can tweak with a few things:

Priority: (1 to X, what order it counts in for putting the poke there, if it fills multiple boxes rules which it goes into)

Total IV > X (Check for a Total IV spread above X)

Xx31 (How many stats have a 31 in it?) Useful for example 2x31 -> Box you use for selling

Specific Stat  x 31 (Useful for some people who do it a different way and have a box for HP, Atk, etc specific groups)

Egg Group (Maybe you want your 1x31 Field in a different box from your 1x31 Monster)

Pokemon Species (Similar to Egg Group, might be superfluous though and would be a long dropdown/searchbox!)

Level

On 10/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, Teleclast said:

Xx31 (How many stats have a 31 in it?) Useful for example 2x31 -> Box you use for selling

Specific Stat  x 31 (Useful for some people who do it a different way and have a box for HP, Atk, etc specific groups)

Egg Group (Maybe you want your 1x31 Field in a different box from your 1x31 Monster)

Pokemon Species (Similar to Egg Group, might be superfluous though and would be a long dropdown/searchbox!)

That's exactly what I'd love,  particularly the X x 31 part. Also for stats different from 31, so that one could sort out pokemon with a minimum IV treshold in a number of stats, without being extremely specific in what stats they should be. That would save the time of countless search tries in both BOX and GTL, proving useful for selling, as you said, and for easy breeding. (I usually aim to get powerful pokemon with 1 to 5 crossbreeds, without them being all perfect 6x31. I don't know if I'm the only one who does that, so can't be sure if it would help somebody else too).

On 10/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, Teleclast said:

I doubt the devs would do that given that I've seen they won't change some other good QoL options because it would make things better/less hassle for players/save time

I think you're right, but personally I am quite discouraged in breeding or selling due to the constant mess in the boxes and I'm pretty sure that I would play much more if new sort options will be added; in fact I would certainly spend less time ordering boxes and way more playing.

The PC Box system does annoy me sometimes.

My personal setup is,
Box 1 = mons I use for fighting(my level 100's or ones training to be)
Box 2 = mons that need evolving
Box 3+= mons that I'm keeping

Having mons I catch automatically go to Box 1 is a bit annoying especially when there are 'holes' in the box and all my freshly-caught mons aren't all at the end of the box. Being able to even just set a 'primary go-to' Box would be a huge QoL thing to me, as opposed to automatically going to the lowest-numbered box.(wasn't this a thing in original Gen 2?)

2 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

Having mons I catch automatically go to Box 1 is a bit annoying especially when there are 'holes' in the box

Don't tell me...it's a living hell! This is the reason why I keep my trained pokémon in box 11.

The others are all either full of pkms in random order or with my future breeders but searching for a pokémon in that mess... I wouldn't wish it to anyone.

2 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

wasn't this a thing in original Gen 2?

Yes it was. Good old times...^^

I'm reviving a little this discussion since I realized there's a search option that I think is much needed: search a pokemon who knows a specific attack, in advanced search for GTL.

You can already do this (sort of) in box search, but we have no means to search a pokemon with a specific attack on the GTL, as far as I know.

Personally, I'd really use such a filter a lot. (Note that I'm not talking about a search mechanic like the one existing for boxes, where when you type it marks pokemon having also attacks, abilities or natures containing the letters you typed, but rather an actual filter in advanced search, like the nature and tier ones).

I know this discussion started off with box options, but it also expanded, so I thought it would have been better to stick with this thread, rather then starting a new one, for order purposes.

I'd also like to know what staff thinks about the suggestions and needs that this thread is pointing out.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:48 PM, Gravemind93 said:

Having mons I catch automatically go to Box 1 is a bit annoying especially when there are 'holes' in the box and all my freshly-caught mons aren't all at the end of the box.

Yeah, I know... I eventually gave up and ordered my boxes so that they contain 2 (primary) types of pokemon, like Grass and Bug pokemon being in box 1, while I retain 3 of them for teams, breed-able pokemon and sell-able pokemon. So newly captured pokemon go all in line in box 1, just after bug pokemon...

On 10/16/2019 at 8:48 PM, Gravemind93 said:

Being able to even just set a 'primary go-to' Box would be a huge QoL thing to me, as opposed to automatically going to the lowest-numbered box.(wasn't this a thing in original Gen 2?)

I  think it was... And it would be quite useful in PokeMMO, actually.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, Ben11 said:

Yeah, I know... I eventually gave up and ordered my boxes so that they contain 2 (primary) types of pokemon, like Grass and Bug pokemon being in box 1, while I retain 3 of them for teams, breed-able pokemon and sell-able pokemon. So newly captured pokemon go all in line in box 1, just after bug pokemon...

I  think it was... And it would be quite useful in PokeMMO, actually.

who has awakened me from my slumber