More Detail in the Pokedex

Revolute

Question

I don't know how hard it would be to implement or if it's worth it but it would be nice if it told us if the Pokemon could only be caught in a specific place like for example in the ice part of an area or if they're time of day exclusive. Right now I'm pokedex hunting and I don't know if I'm wasting my time because they might have been changed to a time of day encounter only.

P.S. Add a toggle to hide pokemon that are unobtainable . Certain mons like Lumineon don't seem like they are obtainable but they are.

Edited by Revolute

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Revolute said:

I don't know how hard it would be to implement or if it's worth it but it would be nice if it told us if the Pokemon could only be caught in a specific place like for example in the ice part of an area or if they're time of day exclusive. Right now I'm pokedex hunting and I don't know if I'm wasting my time because they might have been changed to a time of day encounter only.

As far as I am aware, no rare encounters are based on time of day currently. in fact, I am unaware of any cases of Day / Night encounter rate differences in Hoenn and Unova. In Kanto I know that Hoot-Hoot can appear in some routes if it is Night Time, but outside of that it is very rare. This will not be the case in Sinnoh as a key focus of the region was Morning / Day / Night encounter rate differences but for currently available regions you should be fine for 99% of mons.

This isn't me dismissing your suggestion, just providing you with this information in-case it is helpful. I believe it is accurate, but I may have forgotten one or two mons of specific note other than Hoot-Hoot in Kanto.

It seems like misdreavus and murkrow might be night time although they aren't in (BW). I couldn't get any one to confirm or deny but it took a really long time to get even one and it turned to night. It might have just been really bad luck it's a 5% encounter rate going of bulbapedia.

I'm almost done with my Pokedex I just think it would be a good addition.

P.S. Found both Misdreavus was apparently in another area.

Edited by Revolute
On 9/25/2019 at 5:18 AM, Revolute said:

It seems like misdreavus and murkrow might be night time although they aren't in (BW). I couldn't get any one to confirm or deny but it took a really long time to get even one and it turned to night. It might have just been really bad luck it's a 5% encounter rate going of bulbapedia.

I'm almost done with my Pokedex I just think it would be a good addition.

P.S. Found both Misdreavus was apparently in another area.

They're rare. The encounter rates and locations of Pokemon are different in PokeMMO than the vanilla games, but both of those are described in your Pokedex. There is no daytime/nighttime cycle for Unova or Misdreavus, I can tell you that for sure c:

On 9/25/2019 at 5:13 AM, Matoka said:

I may have forgotten one or two mons of specific note other than Hoot-Hoot in Kanto.

Torchic?

Edited by Dibz