Speed Up Battles (v2.0)

Detro

Question

I know this question was asked many times, but this is the only reason why I and my friends don't play this game daily.

When I asking people to join to the game always I heard "This game looks interesting but battles are sooo slow I prefer playing on emulator".

If this will be paid feature (like your subscription +25% EXP etc.) I will pay for it.

This game needs minimum 2x faster battles, now it's soo slow you don't want to play after few minutes, just boring.

Please think about it.

All pokemon games is in that speed(original ones) without emulator you can't speed up battles, in 3ds or ds for example. I think it's a matter of custom, the more you play the less you care about it... I play this game since 2015, and in the beginning, i used to play a lot in the emulator, so i came to the game and.... Wow too slow! but it was a matter of time and i got used to this and now its my favorite pokemon online game :D try to enjoy the game just the way it is.

Edited by LipeHaru

I think most ppl would agree, the option to speed up battles would definitely be nice. Compared to many other games, they are faster pace. I don't think anyone enjoys sweet scenting hundreds of times for days or weeks for shiny hunting, and waiting for long battle introductions. However, i'm guessing that would impact the amount of encounters ppl can catch breeders and shinies for example. which would over flood the market and change the economy values, which I would be ok with.. Like they could make the eggs hatch way quicker, but it's purposely meant to take time. I feel like it was a bit of a step backwards to take away the run away ability to save us a second or two. Should battles be faster, yes i agree, it would make it more enjoyable and easier to grind. Will it happen? probably not. 

49 minutes ago, chuur said:

I think most ppl would agree, the option to speed up battles would definitely be nice. Compared to many other games, they are faster pace. I don't think anyone enjoys sweet scenting hundreds of times for days or weeks for shiny hunting, and waiting for long battle introductions. However, i'm guessing that would impact the amount of encounters ppl can catch breeders and shinies for example. which would over flood the market and change the economy values, which I would be ok with.. Like they could make the eggs hatch way quicker, but it's purposely meant to take time. I feel like it was a bit of a step backwards to take away the run away ability to save us a second or two. Should battles be faster, yes i agree, it would make it more enjoyable and easier to grind. Will it happen? probably not. 

Time is irrelevant when it comes to battles like Gym/Morimoto/E4.

The reason being is because of cool down. No matter if you beat them easily and quickly or have to draw it out and take longer, it doesn’t affect the cool down times for the Gyms/E4/Morimoto.

Those cooldown times are what, in the end, are what really determines the value of the rematches, not the difficulty or the time it takes to beat them.

4 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

Also how would this be limited, if it would be? For PvP if one person is faster than than the other they would still have to wait around for the other person. In PvE it would give a distinct and unfair advantage

A potential PvE exclusive feature it could be? Idk.

It could be made so it only speeds up PvE matches, but PvP has to run naturally.

Edited by BoltBlades12
9 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

A potential PvE exclusive feature it could be? Idk.

It could be made so it only speeds up PvE matches, but PvP has to run naturally

Shiny hunting, farming, alt runs, alt farming. You realize how it'd go if there was a pointless option to speed these up right? Because everyone would have to he doing it at the faster speeds or not make the most out of these grinds.

And @OP, this has been addressed by the devs and admin team multiple times with many solid arguments/reasons on their part (which is pretty rare) while all the player arguments I've seen for it weren't very deeply thought out and were easily refutable. If you have the time, look through archived/past suggestions, you'll see. It's not going to happen, it's been made explicitly clear. Not even a "we are not considering it at this time" but a "never gonna happen, sorry". Same reason for not being able to turn battle animations off.

The speed takes a couple days to get used to if you're coming from emulating games (been there myself, I'm sure most of us have) but you get used to it and it's not like the games are super slow that you'd be sacrificing work, life and family time for it lmao. But yeah, tl;dr: "No" - literally the entire admin team every time something like this is suggested. 

This wont ever be a thing, not only would this create a new standard, but also would create synchronization problems.

17 hours ago, Detro said:

People wants to have option to speed up the battles?

People who have own families, have work to do, business don't have time for watching the same animations over and over again.

Well, you organize your time the way you find fit. Its not the devs fault you lack time.

17 hours ago, Detro said:

People wants to have option to speed up the battles?

People who have own families, have work to do, business don't have time for watching the same animations over and over again.

This is an online game.
If we did that, whoever pays the speed up would end story mode and farm/look for shinies faster, it would be a huge advantage against the ones who don't want to speed up battles or simply don't want to pay for it.
Speeding up would be a must to not stay behind, not an option as mentioned.

I agree, paying for it will be huge advantage, so free for everyone.

To make this game more dynamic and enjoyable for more players to be more popular you should concerned that.

About PVP just leave it in normal speed,

speed up 2x PVE, encounters (option in gameplay options 1x, 2x).

Trust me many people don't play or stop it after while because of slow encounters and battles and what players already said this question was asked so many times, people want that and this is the fact.

Please concerned that.

Edited by Detro
3 hours ago, Detro said:

I agree, paying for it will be huge advantage, so free for everyone.

To make this game more dynamic and enjoyable for more players to be more popular you should concerned that.

About PVP just leave it in normal speed,

speed up 2x PVE, encounters (option in gameplay options 1x, 2x).

Trust me many people don't play or stop it after while because of slow encounters and battles and what players already said this question was asked so many times, people want that and this is the fact.

Please concerned that.

No matter how hard you try, devs will say no. And I did explain why. And so have they, hundreds of times. It won't happen. If it's too "slow" for you then I guess it's not our fault you're 2fast2furious. But it won't happen. Cause there won't be options anymore, no one would play it at the slower speeds because who wants to grind at a disadvantage?

16 minutes ago, Dibz said:

No matter how hard you try, devs will say no. And I did explain why. And so have they, hundreds of times. It won't happen. If it's too "slow" for you then I guess it's not our fault you're 2fast2furious. But it won't happen. Cause there won't be options anymore, no one would play it at the slower speeds because who wants to grind at a disadvantage?

Though to be fair, even if the option to speed the game up was possible like many emulators have the option for, I usually play normally because sometimes when you use speed up, you accidentally click the wrong button or take the wrong turn that makes a certain task take longer than it would’ve otherwise.

But I digress.

And if we’re looking at the grinding, time doesn’t really dictate value persay. There’s other factors that really determine the value(s).

Let’s take Gyms, E4, and Morimoto for example. What really maintains the value of currency for them isn’t their difficulty or time needed to beat them, but rather their cooldown times. 

You can be the fastest and take each one out in 3 or so turns or stretch the battle out for longevity. Either ways, cooldown time doesn’t change for after you beat them.

Even if you were to use an in-game speed up, that speed up wouldn’t affect the real time timers.

You’d still have to wait 20 hours after you beat Morimoto for a rematch. You’d still need to wait 18 hours to rematch Gyms.

And of course, there’s other factors that even speed up wouldn’t affect; shinies having 1/30k rate, Chansey’s have high flee rate, and so on.

Again, this is a suggestion for a feature that I feel indifferent about. But saying that adding it in would destroy value is absolutely incorrect.

Edited by BoltBlades12
On 9/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, BoltBlades12 said:

Though to be fair, even if the option to speed the game up was possible like many emulators have the option for, I usually play normally because sometimes when you use speed up, you accidentally click the wrong button or take the wrong turn that makes a certain task take longer than it would’ve otherwise.

But I digress.

On top of having difficulty turning and entering buildings. Emulators get up to 999% speed so it gets really, really hard to control things when using fast forward. It's really only useful when repeating something because you derped and reset it and want to get through the battles faster.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, BoltBlades12 said:

Again, this is a suggestion for a feature that I feel indifferent about. But saying that adding it in would destroy value is absolutely incorrect.

I mean, it wouldn't destroy any value, but it certainly wouldn't add any value either. As an option it would be useless because no one would play with everything slower, so it'd be a waste of effort to make it an option. This leaves it to the devs to simply speed everything up for everyone, but the problem with that is that even that speed up will feel slow after everyone adjusts to it which means the devs would have to revisit everything again later. It's really not something worth pursuing at all because it's a giant rabbit hole.

Certainly it would be more effective for certain things like shiny hunting/etc, but you would also lose some of the 'comfy' factor in it being slow when you *choose* to do it that way, as it is right now you have a few seconds to do other things between.

Honestly some of the things in the game are so slow/repetitive that I can read a book while doing them, basically being a bot isn't fun, basically being a slow bot is even less fun.

When you see a problem like this come up repeatedly(as often as I'm sure this one does), it's usually a good indication in a game that something is wrong, it might not meed that you need to directly change this, but you probably need to look at it more than just 'farm faster', 'end story mode faster', etc. As long as it's not paid (Which is probably not the actual intention of OP, but instead a 'concession' he thought would be smart) it's an even playing field for everyone. Would it change the economy? A bit for a short while, but it would rebalance.

Given that /who and other similar commands aren't available so it's hard to see how many are on at a time I honestly can't tell if bots are a thing in this game, but if they are this would influence bots a *huge* deal and make them way way overperform, but for regular players it wouldn't be as huge of an effect.

Ironically, the biggest effect would be things that PokeMMO changed for 'balance' in making certain held items consumable because you would get more bang for your buck per amulet coin/lucky egg/etc.

In the end this is no different than saying "The guy farming tentacruels with a X pokemon is way faster than me because I picked a Krookodile with Moxie/EQ so I have to sit through Super Effective/Moxie text each time!". It's a choice we made in what we used, the only difference is one is the pokemon and the other is a toggle. Sitting through Super Effective/Moxie text for *every* hit in a horde is honestly disgusting, and I can sympathize with OP very much so because of it. If I could at least A spam my way through it, it would be tolerable, but having to literally wait for the text to go through is truly a snorefest.

Of course I'm sure this won't change, minds have been made up on this matter long ago, but it would be a huge QoL to at least some players, and it wouldn't effect PvP anyway as you could just force it off in PvP, or you have to wait for the other guy anyway.

I could literally use EQ on a Tentacruel horde, go make a Subway-style sandwich, come back, and the Tentacruels would still be dying. We should at least have speed ups for SOME features.

Hordes especially, if any.

I mean, having slow features is NOT always a good thing

*flashbacks of Blissey health bar depleting animation in Gen 4*

Edited by BoltBlades12
On 10/7/2019 at 1:33 PM, BoltBlades12 said:

I could literally use EQ on a Tentacruel horde, go make a Subway-style sandwich, come back, and the Tentacruels would still be dying. We should at least have speed ups for SOME features.

Hordes especially, if any.

I mean, having slow features is NOT always a good thing

*flashbacks of Blissey health bar depleting animation in Gen 4*

I'd be down for the gen 6+ mechanic of all the Pokemon in a horde losing HP simultaneously instead of one by one tbh

5 minutes ago, Dibz said:

I'd be down for the gen 6+ mechanic of all the Pokemon in a horde losing HP simultaneously instead of one by one tbh

This is, objectively, the best way to handle it. Fast forward options are simply out of the question, but small things like this would improve QOL drastically. It makes it easier for everyone and you don't have to revisit it in 6 months because everyone became used to 300% speed in game.

9 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

This is, objectively, the best way to handle it. Fast forward options are simply out of the question, but small things like this would improve QOL drastically. It makes it easier for everyone and you don't have to revisit it in 6 months because everyone became used to 300% speed in game.

Having the Pokemon die one by one in a horde isn’t any QOL improvement, it’s an annoyance.

We never asked to accelerate, but to accelerate the fights which I remind you take place every ten steps or so, well yes I'm exaggerating a bit, moreover I would add that I would not say no to an increase in the character's running speed because it is slower than the original, you talk about shiny hunting or PVP but what's the relationship? That's not the point and you're totally off the mark.

There are several problems I've seen with this game, first of all it's impossible to disable the visual effects and attacks like in the original game but on top of that the running speed of the character is... shiny and it slows down all the tasks you do and the fights. Why are you so reluctant? Why refuse a feature... yet so simple... It doesn't make any sense. 

You were complaining that it would be too easy, but tell me one thing, why does the pension exist in... an MMO? Isn't it cheaty? To be able to create a perfect Pokémon EV so easily? Why don't we do like some other Pokémon MMO and make sure there's no such thing as a perfect Pokémon and that everything would be achieved by farming? That's what an MMO is all about, isn't it? Removing the possibility of having perfect Pokémon IV/EV Pokémon would make all Pokémon sold in the Auction House more interesting.

Why withdraw the money at the beginning of the game? We start with 0Pokédollar. That's not right. Why withdraw the CS VOL? Is it that much fun to ride your bike, walk or surf the whole game manually? Why only play the league once a day? Too easy? Increase the difficulty in this case what's the problem. Why you touch things that don't need to be changed and why not change what needs to be changed, that's why there are not many people playing compared to before. People get bored and go away because you don't listen to anything you're told.

Why nerve the Lucky Egg whose main interest is precisely to gain time, then why nerve it so that it has no interest anymore? Why bother (pardon the expression) players who have never asked for the damn nerve? Just why? Too easy? That egg is supposed to be rare, so don't mind if it's that rare that you get the nerve and not the egg itself.

Why not pre-record an action like throwing a PokéBall without having to click on bag, plus twice on the right arrow every time you try? That's the first thing I would do, this game has been around for how long, you never thought about it? That's weird. Are you anti-ergonomics? 

3 hours ago, MisakiMei said:

^This guy just spits out truth and no one dared to reply for 3 years XDD

Really some players explained. The impact on economy could be a big deal because it will be quicker to found a lot of hordes, and shinys in consequence.

The only way i would like this implemented is plain and simple: Accelerate all battle animations and texts by 25%(1.25x speed helps a bit and would not broke) for everyone, not for donors-only.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 2/19/2020 at 4:06 PM, Luciefeunard said:

We never asked to accelerate, but to accelerate the fights which I remind you take place every ten steps or so, well yes I'm exaggerating a bit, moreover I would add that I would not say no to an increase in the character's running speed because it is slower than the original, you talk about shiny hunting or PVP but what's the relationship? That's not the point and you're totally off the mark.

11 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

The only way i would like this implemented is plain and simple: Accelerate all battle animations and texts by 25%(1.25x speed helps a bit and would not broke) for everyone, not for donors-only.

and how it's any different? 

economy would adjust and shinies, at least for me, are overpriced useless pokemons 

also they could've decrease shiny rates

Edited by MisakiMei