Nerf E4 Rematches

BoltBlades12

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I mean, the teams are completely inaccurate to each E4. Like, why does Lorelei have a Dragonite and Exeggutor when she's an Ice Type user?

So they're not unbalanced, but also - a fair few inclusions of non-specialized typed species are inspired by various forms of other media.

What exactly are you having trouble with? I've never spent more than ~30k on Kanto E4 rematches.

Out of all the times I fought the Kanto E4 only 2 teams gave me trouble. Lorelei's team that has Vileplume because it has Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Moonlight and Sludge Bomb, anything that switches in on it can get poisoned or put to sleep. Not to mention it has 2 recover moves. Lorelei's team that has Chansey because of Toxic and Softboiled, plus it can set up Stealth Rock. It's difficult for me to OHKO without a fighting move so I spend 3-4 turns trying to KO it. By then it would have poisoned me and made switching harder because it used Stealth Rock. Another thing is that the team that has Chansey in it also has a Vileplume in it, so double annoying.

And maybe a third team which is my rival's team that has a Magic Guard Alakazam with Focus Sash. I can't break it with Stealth Rock or Spikes so it always gets an attack off which usually KO's one of my pokemon. But that's the last battle so I don't really care.

You're supposed to build a balanced team to beat the E4. It's difficult to sweep your way through it. What I found extremely helpful are recover moves since it saves potions and Protect to scout moves. Having Protect means you can scout a move then switch your pokemons to counter that move. Gengar using a Focus Blast? Switch in Chandelure then use Shadow Ball against it to OHKO it. Magnezone using Thunderbolt? Switch in Excadrill and use Earthquake.

Also a lot of people claim that the AI can predict your moves. That's wrong. I've seen Bruno's Steelix spamming Stone Edge on my Skarmory, when I used Roost, even though it has Earthquake. Roost removes my flying type so if the AI was able to predict what moves I will use then it should have used Earthquake to hit me for super-effective damage instead of a not very effective damage. I wish I saved a screenshot of it for proof.

If your strategy doesn't work then don't be afraid to change it. Yeah, it sucks that you have to breed and train more pokemons just to test it out against the E4, and even then it might not work. That sucks, but it's part of the game. I've bred 16 2x31 and 3x31 Pokemons and trained them before finding a strategy that works for me. And I don't plan on stopping, I have plans to breed 3 more 3x31s to see if another strategy might work. Just have fun with it.

Edited by Archiver

e4 hoenn and kanto are very ez( unova is hard for me but not impossible' i just skip this one)

- i only spend 10k for e4's and in worst case 20k if I fail and need revivers, u just need to play it more and then u get used to it

btw no perfect iv's needed for e4, all my poke 25+ cheap cheap 

Edited by Spxter