Changing your character "pose" in battle and from the Pokemon trainer card

JorgeFirebolt

Question

15 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Malorne said:

I guess this depends on how lazy @Darkshade feels about re-spriting some cosmetics to match various poses

8 hours ago, Malorne said:

I guess this depends on how lazy @Darkshade feels about re-spriting some all cosmetics to match various poses

Honestly while this is cool, I'm not sure the time required is worth the outcome.

13 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Honestly while this is cool, I'm not sure the time required is worth the outcome.

I mean, darkshade is a human too, but I mean, imagine how cool would it be and how happy people would get with having the option to edit their trainer pose, you can see it by yourself by the votes of this question in barely 1 day, 15 and keeps increasing.

11 hours ago, marnie said:

Happy playerbase isn't worth the outcome??

dont ban me oop

I think the sprite system we have makes it so Darkshade has to edit every single sprite manually for each tiny little vanity combination, it's not a simple sprite that has a cosmetic overlaid on it, it's an actual sprite swap, which means had had to sprite a preview for every single cosmetic and cosmetic combination. Now multiply that for every single pose too for the outcome to pretty much be "I like how I look in the two seconds people see my sprite in a battle".

Edited by suigin
On 9/14/2019 at 8:36 AM, suigin said:

I think the sprite system we have makes it so Darkshade has to edit every single sprite manually for each tiny little vanity combination, it's not a simple sprite that has a cosmetic overlaid on it, it's an actual sprite swap, which means had had to sprite a preview for every single cosmetic and cosmetic combination. Now multiply that for every single pose too for the outcome to pretty much be "I like how I look in the two seconds people see my sprite in a battle".

If that's truly how it's designed it needs to be redesigned to allow for overlays because that's a ridiculous amount of work for any time they want to add something new.

That being said, regardless it'd still be a lot of work to implement this. Every single cosmetic item in the game now and in the future would have to be redesigned for each pose. You're literally multiplying the work needed for customization in this game for something that doesn't have a very large effect. 

15 hours ago, LovelyDumpling said:

That being said, regardless it'd still be a lot of work to implement this. Every single cosmetic item in the game now and in the future would have to be redesigned for each pose. You're literally multiplying the work needed for customization in this game for something that doesn't have a very large effect. 

How you've described it here is how it's currently designed, with overlays for each vanity - you're correct in saying they'd need to be redrawn for each pose, which has a significant effect on the time required for each vanity.