7xnIPAV.png

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 128 Players | 6v6 OU | Bracket

Date  

Sunday, 15th September

Time

4pm UTC | 12pm EDT | 1pm BRT | Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account. 

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

Banned Moves

Hide contents

Baton Pass

1st Place Prize

TzF1nFu.gif
GIFT Salamence

Your choice of nature, 4 moves, with IVs 6x31

&

1,300 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize

700 Reward Points

3rd - 4th Place Prize

250 Reward Points

5th-8th Place Prize

125 Reward Points

Host: SneakyTeddi

32 minutes ago, TohnR said:

I see hosting 128 people non shiny has become a new habit ...

You guys should actually play for 4-5h of comp in a row to realize how much effort competing in a 128 takes 

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback and concerns about the events process. It is important to note that there’s many features a staff member has to bear in mind when making their event where in this case the host decided upon a 128 man event in order to accommodate more players (especially during the weekend) in response to previous feedback over a lack of seats. Whilst I can’t go into much detail about how prize selection works. I will say that there are definitely cases where there are events that the host would like to use a shiny prize for but due to having to work around restrictions is unable to and in wanting to ensure a balance between the range of events we host would rather run a non-shiny event as an opportunity to actually run a tournament and give players to opportunity to compete as opposed to no event at all. We do value your feedback however and this matter is something that I have discussed with the host and is something we will bear in mind when making future events.

Linfanz - Events Coordinator

15 hours ago, Linfanz said:

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback and concerns about the events process. It is important to note that there’s many features a staff member has to bear in mind when making their event where in this case the host decided upon a 128 man event in order to accommodate more players (especially during the weekend) in response to previous feedback over a lack of seats. Whilst I can’t go into much detail about how prize selection works. I will say that there are definitely cases where there are events that the host would like to use a shiny prize for but due to having to work around restrictions is unable to and in wanting to ensure a balance between the range of events we host would rather run a non-shiny event as an opportunity to actually run a tournament and give players to opportunity to compete as opposed to no event at all. We do value your feedback however and this matter is something that I have discussed with the host and is something we will bear in mind when making future events.

Linfanz - Events Coordinator

The game is dying again. And one of the most important problems is this, no good tourneys. Please, give importance to weekend tournaments. 128 player tournaments requires an extremely big effort and should be for shiny prizes or a big cash prize (at least 5 millions).

Edited by soyhector
Also the game is dying because it is very dificult to farm since the last update

Too many catching competitions with shiny prizes. They take NO skill, it's luck. Tournaments take more time, money for comps, more time for breeding and training, and of course skill. I'd say they deserve a shiny 100x more than catching something. And this is coming from someone who sucks and has no chance winning anything...

Also

WHERE'S THE NU'S?

Edited by hannahtaylor

Lmao @Linfanz what's this answer dud. Bruh moment when your best friend in the game answers with such formal wording ...

Also @SneakyTeddi don't get me wrong I wasn't really directly criticizing your job as a staff member. I like what you do for the community =p

It's just that before 128 no shiny used to be a scandal and I was surprised to see more of them every week.

I know the game dying down is not the staff fault but rather the fact that the game doesn't have much interesting content which will be solved temporarily through the addition of Sinnoh.

However I think we need tournaments and more particularly the PvP content to improve. And by that I mean, either larger staff hosted non automated tournaments with original sets of rules or exclusive rewards. I think in that regard the NU Seasonal which was hosted by Lin and Zenor was a good move. Giving people just standard OU tours with meh rewards just doesn't help to make the community all lively. Currently I'm sure most of the competitive community actives are because of all the cool events hosted by @ProfesorEinstein and his assistants ! (with both standard and original rulesets)

It's only been 1 year I'm playing this game and I already can see that the lack of evolution and diversity in the competitive scene is what makes this game rather repetitive.

Thanks for reading, probably english mistakes included but eh you've probably seen worse in here ^^

EDIT : By the way I do realize non comp prizes are now 6x31 instead of 3x31 3x30 and it's really cool of Squirtle to be providing better prizes

Edited by TohnR
To exert my inferiority of course ...

First, we often have complains from people who can't enters in the tourneys because there is not enough places. So we're trying to see if we indeed need to put 128 places for tournaments.

Second, we can't give 50 shinies per weeks... Sorry for that but try to understand. 

Third, you're asking for a comp + bonus prize, but we already give rp at every event wich can be considered as a bonus prize.

1 hour ago, MPDH said:

First, we often have complains from people who can't enters in the tourneys because there is not enough places. So we're trying to see if we indeed need to put 128 places for tournaments.

Second, we can't give 50 shinies per weeks... Sorry for that but try to understand. 

Third, you're asking for a comp + bonus prize, but we already give rp at every event wich can be considered as a bonus prize.

Sooo...as I said above take the shinies away, or most of them, from catching competitions. EVERY one that I've seen has a shiny as a prize. 

Also yen used to be given too, iirc? What happened to that?

6 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

Sooo...as I said above take the shinies away, or most of them, from catching competitions. EVERY one that I've seen has a shiny as a prize. 

Also yen used to be given too, iirc? What happened to that?

There was a non shiny prize catch event yesterday, there is another one on Tuesday... And shinies are always the prize for big tourneys like the player of the month

And it have been decided to not give yen as reward anymore since there is the point voucher tickets. If you win rp, just buy some vouchers and then sell them on the gtl to have yens :)

We do appreciate all the constructive feedback we get. Even if we don't respond, doesn't mean we didn't read, sometimes it just means there's things we can't really discuss, like Linfanz mentioned here:

On 9/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, Linfanz said:

Whilst I can’t go into much detail about how prize selection works.

Changes don't happen from one day to the other. We have planned and announced events, also some things require discussion and readaptation.

That said, I chose a non-shiny gift because of the limitations, not because I don't think a 128 tournament is worth it.
Also it's 128 because even if it's a non-shiny, people still want to join and we often get complaints about not enough seats on 64 tournaments, especially on weekends.

If you want to be sure your event suggestion is being read by higher staff members though, I suggest to put it here:

Please note that Linfanz posted there about it too:

DmbOGUw.png

1st Place Prize

kiwikidd

2nd Place Prize

gbwead

3rd - 4th Place Prize

starstorms & Mkns

5th-8th Place Prize

YEYOxD, abstractt, Itoru & MaximoLatino

-
Thank you all for participating and congratulations to the winners! :)
See you all on the next event. >w<