Nidoran male with Head Smash

I tried to use a Nidoran(F) and a male tepig with head smash to breed a Nidoran(M) with head smash. However it came out to be a Nidoran(F) without head smash. I have tried 3 times and it turns out to be a female nidoran without head smash every time. Do female nidorans always breed females? And can they even get head smash?

Edited by TheElectroKeker

Hi!

Nidorans when bred have 50% chance for Nidoran male and 50% for female. Nidoran female can't learn Head Smash, just males, that's why yours didn't have it.
You gotta keep trying to breed a Nidoran female (mandatory to get a baby Nidoran) like you're doing until you have a male with Head Smash.

You could also breed a Nidorino that has Head Smash with a Ditto, that way you'd guarantee the baby would be a Nidoran male with this move.
Nidorinos with Ditto will be 100% Nidoran male, Nidorinas with any Field or Monster male will be 100% Nidoran female.

3 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Nidos breeding mechanic is different than the rest, yes :)
As I said, if you want it to be for sure a male, you gotta breed a Nidorino with a Ditto.

worth noting tho, if you evolve female nidoran to nidorina, and then breed it will always hatch a female nidoran.

1 minute ago, razimove said:

worth noting tho, if you evolve female nidoran to nidorina, and then breed it will always hatch a female nidoran.

23 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Nidorinos with Ditto will be 100% Nidoran male, Nidorinas with any Field or Monster male will be 100% Nidoran female.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. Since he's wanting a male Nidoran I gave him an easier way to get it, instead of counting with RNG breeding Nidorans, he could breed a Nidorino. :)

19 minutes ago, SneakyTeddi said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. Since he's wanting a male Nidoran I gave him an easier way to get it, instead of counting with RNG breeding Nidorans, he could breed a Nidorino. :)

Didn't notice you had already said that mb. Eitehr way that's exactly what I meant, no double meaning, my bad there.