Shiny Lock M2/Ray

BoltBlades12

Question

4 answers to this question

Your odds aren't stacked up or something and lost after you find a shiny, It's always 1/30k,that means you could find a shiny literally 1 Encounter after your last one,or take up to 100k plus encounters. So finding a shiny Rayquaza/Mewtwo won't reset anything

Edited by HerickJS
1 minute ago, HerickJS said:

Your odds aren't stacked up or something and lost after you find a shiny, It's always 1/30l,that means you could find a shiny literally 1 Encounter after your last one,or take up to 100k plus encounters. So finding a shiny Rayquaza/Mewtwo won't reset anything

although that is true, that isn't exactly my point

my point being, if you get that 1/30k and it's wasted on Mewtwo/Rayquaza, it's one of the biggest trolls since you can't keep it.

Just now, BoltBlades12 said:

although that is true, that isn't exactly my point

my point being, if you get that 1/30k and it's wasted on Mewtwo/Rayquaza, it's one of the biggest trolls since you can't keep it.

I don't understand why you are saying that "it's wasted on Mewtwo/Rayquaza". There's no troll about it; if anything it's extremely rare, and something you should screenshot to show off to your teammates. Finding a shiny Mewtwo/Rayquaza has no bearing on you finding a keepable shiny. You shouldn't be counting Mewtwos/Rayquazas in a hunt for keepable shinies. i.e. the person who encounters 10,000 pokemon has the same chance of finding a keepable shiny as the person who encountered 20,000 pokemon, but 10,000 of those encounters were Mewtwos (extreme example to prove a point).

Any two shiny encounters are statistically independent events. You can't "waste" a shiny Rayquaza/Mewtwo encounter because it's not any more likely to be shiny than any other encounter. It's just as likely that the pokemon you encounter immediately before/after is shiny. The only difference is that you don't get to keep it forever/sell it on GTL.