UTOPIA of More Realistic Pokemmo

FinnTheMember

Question

Recently we can see some people complains about farming is too hard. I agree !!

Well, you can have some questions in your mind 

• Why devs make farming harder and harder?
  • Why amulet coin changed??
  • Why there are charms and vouchers

More and more.

Well, they do not want us to have all comps and stop farming and effect cycle of economy??? Maybe.

Why people farming? where do they use their money at? Mostly for catching and breeding. Braces. Pokeballs.

How we get money? Most people was using rebattling method at past but now, they force people to use gtl and selling items and pokemons. So items and pokemons goes cheaper. Everyone turns a merchant who checks gtl everyday while farming items. +they nerf the items u can get.

Well, idea is that: Let's give pokemons a life span. 

Example, after catching or breeding, a pokemon can live for maximum a year.

(Maybe Shinies 3 years (with that shinies get a special feature)

And let's say, breeding braces 3k (example), most expensive ball $750 (example), TMs 5-10k (example).

No more item nerf, but boost at pickup and held items. 

When your pokemon used all its life time, of course it dies. 

Well, maybe they can add some extra items to revive them from those graveyards (Pokemon Tower). Example, let's say cost of reviving (with current brace prices): 968-1094k (5x31 natured pokemon cost) = So this also can force people to breed 5x pokes to make worth to revive them = So more economy.

Spoiler

Like this. Just writing without thinking coz im bored. 

Oh yeah, u can ask, what is realistic about this? Aye pokemons also die. :sad:

EDITS:

Old MMO games dies. Cuz no one wanna level forever. Cuz no one has time as before. 

MOBA games popular now, and u can see threads in this forum as "Let us skip story part" , "Less farm More Comp" .

And devs afraid of players can get everything they want and stop circulation economy = so they cannot make this game easier.

Unless pokemons continue to spend money for players after they bred and trained too.

If you guys cannot accept DEATH or TREATMENT, so we can say , you must pay for your pokemons' food and water :SHRUGS:

I'm saying last time. You don't lose any of your pokemon. After bestfriend's words about disney and cartoon and bla bla , its about not being able to use in only "competitive battles" also maybe becomes "untradeable" too. You can still use while catchin pokes or battling gyms.

Edited by FinnTheMember
death is not good for kids huh

36 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

And let's say, braces 1k, most expensive ball $750. No more item nerf, but boost at pickup and held items. 

When your pokemon used all its life time, of course it dies. 

Well, maybe they can add some extra items to revive them from those graveyards (Pokemon Tower). Example, let's say cost of reviving (with current brace prices): 968-1094k (5x31 natured pokemon cost) = So this also can force people to breed 5x pokes to make worth to revive them = So more economy.

lol no please :v the game would be worst than it is now with all that changes

1 minute ago, soyhector said:

lol no please :v the game would be worst than it is now with all that changes

Only people with many comps can reject this \o/

Every not old and not rich player would support.

But don't afraid of revive money, coz if braces cheap, it will be cheaper. And u can make more money easily if they boost things. Game can be more easy to play and you have to play forever as they wish. 

I think better than torture we live now while already rich player enjoying current economy. Coz many of comps at gtl are cheaper than their product cost...

1 hour ago, FinnTheMember said:

And let's say, breeding braces 3k (example), most expensive ball $750 (example), TMs 5-10k (example).

Good afternoon FinnTheMember, I hope you're doing well. As a man who has OTs of friends of mine in game that left or friends I had for years, I oppose this idea. Pokemon should not have life spans. Besides, some people may be proud of the comp that they bred (think of it as a trophy breed) and you are robbing them of that opportunity.

As for item nerfs, the economy is a constant battle between inflation and balance. Berries and certain items have to be balanced in order to have a good economic ecosystem.

2 minutes ago, Pakawaka said:

This is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.

He may be on to something, but he is aiming his fire at the wrong source. The items and berries are where his attention should be at. The pokemon are just innocent bystanders that did not do anything other than looking good and being trophies (The Berry and Item nerfs that happened fairly recently has only made the PokeYen stronger).

Personally, I don't really care about the Trophy part, I want my pokemon to do the job that they were meant to do. However, there are people that are proud of their pokemon and display them like trophies on YouTube channels (I would know, there is a friend of mine that does just that).

17 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Good afternoon FinnTheMember, I hope you're doing well. As a man who has OTs of friends of mine in game that left or friends I had for years, I oppose this idea. Pokemon should not have life spans. Besides, some people may be proud of the comp that they bred (think of it as a trophy breed) and you are robbing them of that opportunity.

Uhm, you revive same pokemon tho.

1 minute ago, FinnTheMember said:

Yes, but Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character. Should the Walt Disney Company put out a public statement saying, "I here now announce that Mickey Mouse will be revived today!" Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character and should be treated as such. PokeMMO has Pokemon in game and they should be treated like Mickey Mouse rather than as mortals.

I am still not convinced that giving mortality to Pokemon should be considered. They are cartoon characters, however, the items and berries in your bag are not cartoons, they're equipment. Thus, a few adjustments to the equipment would be a plausible way of balancing the economy.

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

I am still not convinced that giving mortality to Pokemon should be considered.

Okay you like disney. I understand. 

Let's say they not dying. Retiring from competition. And will not be able to used in battles until "treatment" instead of 'death' term which you oppose.

Old MMO games dies. Cuz no one wanna level forever. Cuz no one has time as before. 

MOBA games popular now, and u can see threads in this forum as "Let us skip story part" , "Less farm More Comp" .

And devs afraid of players can get everything they want and stop circulation economy = so they cannot make this game easier.

Unless pokemons continue to spend money for players after they bred and trained too.

If you guys cannot accept DEATH or TREATMENT, so we can say , you must pay for your pokemons' food and water :SHRUGS:

@Bestfriends You not against to spare some money for your valuable friends. 

1 hour ago, FinnTheMember said:

Okay you like disney. I understand. 

Let's say they not dying. Retiring from competition. And will not be able to used in battles until "treatment" instead of 'death' term which you oppose.

To be honest, I am not a big Disney fanatic. However, Mickey Mouse is a well known cartoon character. My point was that Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, that yellow sponge from the sea don't have to be revived. I guess a better example would be the Coyote and Roadrunner. Does the Coyote have to use Revives every time he is hit by an anvil or falls down a cliff? Also, you don't need to feed a cartoon character.

54 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

If you guys cannot accept DEATH or TREATMENT, so we can say , you must pay for your pokemons' food and water :SHRUGS:

@Bestfriends You not against to spare some money for your valuable friends. 

1. PokeMMO is already on Mobile, I don't see your point here. Actually, from a business standpoint, PokeMMO is catering to the Mobile and PC market at the same time.

2. PokeMMO is an experience, like a theme park. You can experience Universal Studios, but you don't just "skip the lines" or "see the costume workers on demand." A Theme Park is an experience and once you enjoy the experience, then you will yield the true joy from it. Once you get through the story and farm resources, you will then enjoy the theme park a lot more.

3. Pokemon are not just tools, but they are pets and sometimes trophies to people here. Are you advocating for something that is going to change how we see Pokemon? I do not want to take care of a Dog or Cat, I want to take care of a Pokemon. No need for food or drink, please don't tell me that Pokemon need to sleep or take restroom breaks. That may strip the fun out of playing a Pokemon game. If you want to skip the story and jump straight to comp, then go to Showdown.

4. Actually, move mechanics do change from time to time which will require some maintenance on your old comps to make them new again. This is already happening, but not directly.

5. Please read point 3.

6. I am already spending money with giving pokemon different moves because of a few updates to move mechanics.

If you accept to find 7 dragon spheres to revive a pokemon I may agree :D

Anyway you touched a good point: I can understand that the game was born as MMO, but the fact is that it is necessary to renew its mechanics. Clearly devs can implement new worlds and introduce the game in new countries, but it doesn't change the fact that the requests of the players evolve during the time while the game stay still. Without  the implementation of sth more exciting after the end of the story (I perfectly know what you can do and I love trading for sure, but I don't like to repeat  the same thing forever or I just fed up) I hardly see a radious future for this game and its community in the long period. 

Edited by Genka
2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

To be honest, I am not a big Disney fanatic. However, Mickey Mouse is a well known cartoon character. My point was that Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, that yellow sponge from the sea don't have to be revived. I guess a better example would be the Coyote and Roadrunner. Does the Coyote have to use Revives every time he is hit by an anvil or falls down a cliff? Also, you don't need to feed a cartoon character.

1. PokeMMO is already on Mobile, I don't see your point here. Actually, from a business standpoint, PokeMMO is catering to the Mobile and PC market at the same time.

2. PokeMMO is an experience, like a theme park. You can experience Universal Studios, but you don't just "skip the lines" or "see the costume workers on demand." A Theme Park is an experience and once you enjoy the experience, then you will yield the true joy from it. Once you get through the story and farm resources, you will then enjoy the theme park a lot more.

3. Pokemon are not just tools, but they are pets and sometimes trophies to people here. Are you advocating for something that is going to change how we see Pokemon? I do not want to take care of a Dog or Cat, I want to take care of a Pokemon. No need for food or drink, please don't tell me that Pokemon need to sleep or take restroom breaks. That may strip the fun out of playing a Pokemon game. If you want to skip the story and jump straight to comp, then go to Showdown.

4. Actually, move mechanics do change from time to time which will require some maintenance on your old comps to make them new again. This is already happening, but not directly.

5. Please read point 3.

6. I am already spending money with giving pokemon different moves because of a few updates to move mechanics.

Cries in iPhone

7 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

you will then enjoy the theme park a lot more.

Thanks for your opinion and time. 

Let's talk again two years later.

5 hours ago, Genka said:

If you accept to find 7 dragon spheres to revive a pokemon I may agree :D

Darn why i didn't think that! lmao well, thanks for your opinion and time. 

If not even a single person support the idea, maybe thats mean i'm wrong. However why no one mentions the main problem "if you have all comp pokemons, why would you spend some money in game?" (don't tell me vanities or some other make up) Thats why i tried to create a logical forever money eating method which helps both game owner and players.

Well, forget all, game was already dying. Next sinnoh, after it. If not again another popular game appears like PokemonGo, PokemonStrip, PokemonDance... Okay i'll not write again. Nobody cares.

Game would be dead in exactly one year and new people wouldnt even bother to play. that simple

but i agree, the farming stuff is annoying and always making me quit, too. I like farming, having the chance to gamble a bit with catching and stuff but its just not worth the ages of time spend on it.

i get that the economy of this game was never meant to be for mmo's but the farming or lets say asia-mmo-like grinding (if not even worse) is just dumb and i cant imagine that too much new people stay for long once they get in touch with

Edited by tedbash
On 9/5/2019 at 10:52 PM, FinnTheMember said:

Nobody would want to grind for a pokemon that he has already grinded for an entire year before, such a thing wouldn't cause players to grind more but more likely to leave the game because they would have to grind for every single comp multiple times if their playtime is gonna go above one year

10 minutes ago, SteveDerBaum said:

Nobody would want to grind for a pokemon that he has already grinded for an entire year before, such a thing wouldn't cause players to grind more but more likely to leave the game because they would have to grind for every single comp multiple times if their playtime is gonna go above one year

You are right. Except one point. 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, FinnTheMember said:

On 9/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, FinnTheMember said:

Example, let's say cost of reviving (with current brace prices): 968-1094k (5x31 natured pokemon cost)

So I say also suggest to make breeding cheaper too.

For a 2x31 pokemon, now you must pay 20k fo 2 braces.

If braces were 5k = You were going to pay 10k.

If 3k, 6k.

If 1k, your all cost 2k.

Spoiler

Another calculation.

For 5x31 unnatured pokemon , you need 30 braces

10k each brace= 300k. + breeders

5k => 150k. + breeders(=ball)

3k => 90k. + breeders(=ball)

1k => 30k. + breeders(=ball)

So you'll not spend your entire year for a pokemon , but some little time in a day will be enough to get some comps with cheaper braces and other cheap 'you-have-to-buy' items.

@SteveDerBaum So this idea created for better economy and less torture for players.

You know, game becomes harder, collecting items harder, less money from battles. bla bla. With forever slowly money eating way of pokemons , game designers must not try hard like that. 

And gamers can enjoy as they wish with just playing game with their current pace.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, Revato said:

Why wud some1 be OK with his entire PC box wiped clean IF they are returning after 3 years break :D

About this, I just thought, there is a dungeoneering in Runescape game, you can choose some items to use every time when u enter a dungeon.

So maybe system let everyone choose 6 pokemons to never grow older. (6 pokes a team)

5 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

@SteveDerBaum So this idea created for better economy and less torture for players.

You know, game becomes harder, collecting items harder, less money from battles. bla bla. With forever slowly money eating way of pokemons , game designers must not try hard like that. 

And gamers can enjoy as they wish with just playing game with their current pace.

About this, I just thought, there is a dungeoneering in Runescape game, you can choose some items to use every time when u enter a dungeon.

So maybe system let everyone choose 6 pokemons to never grow older. (6 pokes a team)

Lmfao why is this still open.

First off, how's dungeoneering even compared to what you're proposing here?

Second off, how would it make any sense to lose shinies that you work hard to get, comps that took time to build, anything really, tell me one mmo, that you actively lose gear in please, just one.

5 minutes ago, razimove said:

Lmfao why is this still open.

Second off, how would it make any sense to lose shinies that you work hard to get, comps that took time to build, anything really, tell me one mmo, that you actively lose gear in please, just one.

This thread is probably a VERY late A P R I L F O O L S  J O K E

Holy fucking shit this website is AIDS

Edited by RIchardZheng
9 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

You are right. Except one point. 

So I say also suggest to make breeding cheaper too.

For a 2x31 pokemon, now you must pay 20k fo 2 braces.

If braces were 5k = You were going to pay 10k.

If 3k, 6k.

If 1k, your all cost 2k.

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Another calculation.

For 5x31 unnatured pokemon , you need 30 braces

10k each brace= 300k. + breeders

5k => 150k. + breeders(=ball)

3k => 90k. + breeders(=ball)

1k => 30k. + breeders(=ball)

So you'll not spend your entire year for a pokemon , but some little time in a day will be enough to get some comps with cheaper braces and other cheap 'you-have-to-buy' items.

6 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

I've come back once again to strengthen the points that I brought up earlier as well as enhance what the people around me have stated. As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I have conversations with newer players as well as older players. All of them agree on one thing, they love their pokemon. I am sure that players new and old would have some qualms about the changes that you purposed.

Going back to my example from earlier, the Coyote and Roadrunner. Does the Coyote need to use Revives every time he is blown up, falls down a cliff, crushed by an anvil, etc? He does not because he is a cartoon character. Cartoon Characters don't have to eat, drink, take restroom breaks, sleep, nor perish. I feel that our pokemon would have the same principle at work. If we want to apply real life to Pokemon, then Rhyperior will pass away from Starmie's Surf or Simipour will perish from Jolteon's Thunderbolt. I do not want to log onto a game that applies real life rules on our Pokemon parties (and I am sure that the people I've spoken with new and old wouldn't want that either). If you want to nurture cartoon characters, then you can order a Tamagochi Pet.

As for being a torture for people to grind, I have an idea to share with you. Have all of those people go to Showdown and they can battle competitively without the hassle of going through the story nor grinding for a ton of resources. Also, I assume by looking at your forums picture that you are at least around your early 20s. In order to succeed in life, you have to grind your way to the top. If you want to become wealthy in real life, then you have to work hard to find a niche that society has not yet looked at or contribute to the workforce. This idea is relevant to this suggestion because PokeMMO doesn't just instantly grant you with success, you have to work for it. Once you do make that final breed, then you will feel a sense of accomplishment for the final product as Razimove stated:

1 hour ago, razimove said:

How would it make any sense to lose shinies that you work hard to get, comps that took time to build, anything really, tell me one mmo, that you actively lose gear in please, just one.

I guess that I am revealing my spin on life, but in order to be successful, you have to work hard. There is no one way ticket to success and when you are successful, why take away the pokemon that you've worked hard for over the years. Over the years, I've taught people how to breed, EV Train, and Level their own pokemon.

Wow~ 

@SteveDerBaum you make money for comps + make money to use them = the money u can earn  (I didn't calculate anything so all prices (example) near them. 

More comp = more money needed. But there are many tiers, u can use many different moveset on same poke or different natures. If cheap u can prepare many different things and play. So this is just making economy more lively imo.

@Bestfriends Dude, forget death part. I don't wanna be rude to you coz not you are mayor or something, but u talking about death . Not death or anything u can talk. Just say , pokemons can be unusable in competitive battles until you activate them again. u happy now? u can use them in everything else except joining tournaments.

3 hours ago, RIchardZheng said:

Are u razimove's alt?

3 hours ago, razimove said:

It's about the Revato's question. Maybe u read on phone and cannot see all? Its also not about dungeoneering, It's the source of the idea so i mentioned.

3 hours ago, razimove said:

Second off, how would it make any sense to lose shinies that you work hard to get, comps that took time to build, anything really, tell me one mmo, that you actively lose gear in please, just one

I'm not sure if u read everything or just enjoy to appear in my threads get bullied. Are u M? Dude, your profile also pretty well written . You only talk garbage. 

I'm saying last time. You don't lose any of your pokemon. After bestfriend's words about disney and cartoon and bla bla , its about not being able to use in only "competitive battles" also maybe becomes "untradeable" too. You can still use while catchin pokes or battling gyms.

3 hours ago, RIchardZheng said:

If u not going to say anything productive, u are just being toxic. if u didnt like idea, say your doubts and fears about it. so we can think and say "dude, u are right. this idea is not that effective, when we calculate .... " I don't have to see your meaningless empty words here.