The Current Economy

On 9/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, CHUCKunso said:

So the more you play the fewer you get?

there are games where this is a reality, and its already implemented on pokemon when you get less exp from battles the higher your poke is compared to enemy.

Only reason i can think for someone being angry with the idea is someone that could lose x,000 hours of farming advantage. In my case i have 2,000. I think staff is at least considering this idea since haven't spoken here yet, maybe. Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, xxxIUxxx said:

there are games where this is a reality, and its already implemented on pokemon when you get less exp from battles the higher your poke is compared to enemy.

Which pokemon game are you playing? The level of your own pokemon doesnt influence  the exp it gains at all atleast in pokemmo.

5 hours ago, xxxIUxxx said:

Only reason i can think for someone being angry with the idea is someone that could lose x,000 hours of farming advantage. In my case i have 2,000. I think staff is at least considering this idea since haven't spoken here yet, maybe. Hope it helps.

Look, dont compare exp to resources, nor do compare a proper mmo to pokemmo. It's dumb to even try to compare, plus you're trying to compare an end game activity, that is really meant for the high end pve, which tbh here is rather easy, to mmos that need those sort of mechanics to balance zones/areas, so high lvls don't go farm in low lvl areas. 

7 hours ago, xxxIUxxx said:

Yeah I don't think staff is even remotely considering this idea. And I am pretty glad they don't. Otherwise the flood of alts would just be insanely dumb. I am not angry about your idea, I am just annoyed that you call this shitpost of yours an idea on par with other proper ideas.

1 hour ago, xxxIUxxx said:

... consumable lucky egg = who's idea was that?

well, see you SOON :)

1 hour ago, xxxIUxxx said:

dont tell me what to do, ty

Holy multipost Batman!

You are correct that exp gained from battles changes, but that depends on the generation. Only two took level into account, Gen 5 and Gen 7. The rest all use a flat formula that does not account for level. That also depends on which generation the experience gain formula here works on. If it works on Gen 5 or 7, you'd be correct, if not you aren't. Would be best to use a good size sample of Tangela to evaluate this though.

To that further point, using diminishing returns on Exp gain based on level to justify diminishing returns for players who have attained a higher "level" in game is apples and oranges. The amount of exp gained is never a fixed amount as different species give different base amounts that are influenced by a variety of factors, seen here. Cash gain is a fixed amount base amount with only one modifier, Amulet Coin (2 here with addition of Riches Charm). Exp gain has no effect on the economy at all as it is non-transferable. It's not a good comparison. If you wanted to look at a scaling system for something that does, look at the diminishing return on berries if you forget to water them. Even then, the effect berries have on the economy as a whole is small compared to cash gain. This isn't a case to scale back the returns btw. As it sits, everyone has equal access to resources that affect cash gain when they reach that point in the story, or with access the to GTL. It's not like those who have been playing longer inherently have more access to those resources. Do they have an easier time? Absolutely, but they do not have any inherent advantages that newer players can't attain. It would be a different story if, for example, players like me who joined in 2012 had access to a permanent buff that newer players can never attain, but that's not that case. Even at a further point, not every player who would have attained a higher level, which would have to be retroactively determined for everyone's starting point, has millions at their disposal. The number of players with millions of yen is relatively small compared to the larger playerbase. So that alone makes scaling back returns based on trainer level less likely.

On 9/14/2019 at 8:21 AM, xxxIUxxx said:

Chinese are the only ones happy with the grind.

You need to find the way to make new players comfortable and with powers that old players cant abuse cause limited/disabled.

For example, trainer lvl: the higher your level, the less money you get on gyms; you think how to make this to work and how to prevent multi-accounting.

Economy is so bad that i had to actually post :/

Is it true that the level of your pokes changes the amount of cash gym leaders give you?

If this is true whats the difference in cash between a team of pokes that are lower or higher to the level of the gym leaders pokes?

1 hour ago, VincentDefo said:

Is it true that the level of your pokes changes the amount of cash gym leaders give you?

If this is true whats the difference in cash between a team of pokes that are lower or higher to the level of the gym leaders pokes?

Nope, their levels scale with your levels for rematches, but afaik the amount for rematches is the same.

3 hours ago, VincentDefo said:

2 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Nope, their levels scale with your levels for rematches, but afaik the amount for rematches is the same.

I'll just say that this isn't true unless there has been something that was done in the past month. The bottom level cap that gym rematches will be in is around high 40's to very low 50's, and then the scaling goes on from there. A high 40's to low 50's battle I believe pays out about 5K per win. As your levels go up and they scale to you, the yen payout indeed increases until it gets to the point to where their max payout when you bring in level 100's is about 8500-9000 yen per win.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:18 PM, Raichuforyou said:

I'll just say that this isn't true unless there has been something that was done in the past month. The bottom level cap that gym rematches will be in is around high 40's to very low 50's, and then the scaling goes on from there. A high 40's to low 50's battle I believe pays out about 5K per win. As your levels go up and they scale to you, the yen payout indeed increases until it gets to the point to where their max payout when you bring in level 100's is about 8500-9000 yen per win.

Can confirm

EDIT: To add to this, I've actually been enjoying the current economy and consumable amulet coins. The hour or two I log in every few weeks makes me way more money than it used to before the change, and all the economic changes the devs made to battle inflation actually worked really well (not perfectly, but perfection on decisions like those is hard) in reverting a players purchasing power (cost of items vs rewards from grinds) to what it used to be. Overall, it's pretty good for both active and inactive players, new and old, unless you just want to use big words and fancy fonts on forums to complain :3 

Edited by Dibz
Y u delete my "owo"? It contributed plenty to the discussion!

After reading all that economy classes I would like to vent a little about the topic.

I just got back to the game, after 3 years. A lot has changed, I mean A LOT. And I've read every single guide in forum about everything. 

Leveling up is way easier than before, I remember struggling so bad after lvl 50, and now rematchs are compatible and give a lot more exp. That good, thats great.

But man... money has me crying.

I'm not 15 anymore, I don't have all day sitting on my ass to farm for itens, catching dittos and whatever, I can't believe most of old base players still has all the time in the world to do it, unless they have gained in lottery or something irl.

I just ordered a breed that I will be paying with Rp Voucher because I know I will not be making any money in these game after playing it for 2 weeks. I'm also aware that I will never find a shiny poke with my available time in game, and with the money farm being so hard, absolutely never buying one either. And if you have all these shinies pokes on your signature you can't tell me that's one of the best part of the game. I found two shinies in my life and I was really good at killing both of them lol 

Anyways, I don't think the game should be easy, but it could be less time consuming somehow.. I would like to play and have fun on my free time, and I'm currently having zero fun trying to make some money in a game on the 3h I have off my real life job where I also have to make money (also hard bro LOL). Making amulet coin and eggs consumable was a hard hit for everyone, by far the worst news I got since getting back. I want new regions, but I don't want the game to get even worst...