The Current Economy

1 hour ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Ever since this update, everything has significantly lost value.

Such as Leftovers due to making Berry Forest Snorlax lvl 30, and thus unable to repel trick. And I’ve paid attention to the Leftovers price on GTL. They haven’t increased like you said they would. They got lower and less entries at that.

I told you that and i also told you:

On 8/14/2019 at 12:01 AM, WildHodor said:

Told you it will not fall and maybe increase. All depends on how much the effect of being more rare outpowers the effect of deflation in the whole market.

8 hours ago, Archiver said:

Do you really believe this? Because I don't.

Here's an example, the item Choice Scarf. Back then they were like 220-250k. Now they're around 180k. Back then I was able to get 225k an hour farming gym runs and trainers.

So, in one hour I was able to afford a Choice Scarf back in the day. Today I'm making 180k an hour without an amulet coin. Is it lower? Yeah it is. But did I spend more time trying to get enough money to get a Choice Scarf compared to last year? No.

In fact you get more money now because of the amulet coin buff.

You are bringing one very marginal item whose value is more tied to the value of BP rather than to the value of yen. Just using your own example in less marginal terms: breeding. 3 years ago you farmed 225 k an hour. You bought 22 braces and a half. Now you farm 180, you buy 18 braces. You paid for 225 GTL listing fees. Now you can only pay for 180 listing fees. Same for pokeballs, harvesting tools (which are in fact more expensive now) and any other NPC services...

Do you see what I mean now?

6 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Some factors needing considered here are, availability of specific resources vs demand for said resources. With respect to items like Metal Coat, Everstones, and Leppa Berries. Those are pretty heavily farmed and some player chuck several stacks onto the GTL with little concern for actual demand. What you are seeing with respect to those items isn't deflation but rather inflation. The terms don't mean what you think they mean. Inflation doesn't mean a rise in price or value as it would sound, but rather a devaluation of a specific resource/currency. Deflation is where the value of a specific resource/currency rises. So when looking at exchange rates from say, Yen to Leppa Berries you see inflation on the part of the Leppa Berries and deflation on the part of Yen. The yen, being more valuable, is now able to purchase more and go further with respect to Leppa Berries.

I'd have to look more into the availability of those items on the GTL to see if there is an overabundance, if there is, those items have inflated with respect to Yen.

Inflation and deflation run in cycles. There will always be periods in which one item will gain value (deflate) vs another. A false sense of high purchasing power is where the issue started and that is why you are seeing items dropping in value (inflating). Players who farmed those items, with little knowledge or the market, thought they could make a quick buck by dumping them onto the GTL when the market was already oversaturated with them. These will eventually stabilize as the supply dwindles compared to demand. There isn't much you can do about this tbh and the only way the devs could fix it would be to yeet a bunch of those items into the void, not ideal because this is something that could resolve in due time. We can only speculate currently what effect Sinnoh will have on the economy with respect to these items in general. I could see these items gaining higher demand once more farming area is available, but that's a best guess forecast. Without any graphical data showing recent trends I can't really say much more.

The first paragraph is where you are seeing Yen deflating. It is gaining value because the amount being added over time seems to be slowing, although we can't say for certain as we don't have access to that data. The best I can offer is to keep a sharp eye on things and brace for the release of Sinnoh. A bit after that we'll be able to start seeing the effect of Sinnoh being released on the economy as a whole.

Deflation and inflation only affect currencies in a global way. So, of course I was referring to yen deflation.

Items (resources) cannot inflate or deflate, it is just called 'increased demand' or 'increased supply'. The former may cause inflation; the latter, deflation.

Just to mention the formal definition, deflation means "Reduction of the general level of prices in an economy". Which is exactly the point I was trying to prove.

And yeah, the yen is gaining value, but all of the NPC-related items and services have the same price as they had at Unova release inflation period, so we have lost a lot of purchasing power since then.

Nowadays 1 hour of farming means less yen, so you can buy less braces, less pokeballs, less harvesting tools and pay for less GTL listing fees.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:20 PM, Rittz said:

Deflation and inflation only affect currencies in a global way. So, of course I was referring to yen deflation.

Items (resources) cannot inflate or deflate, it is just called 'increased demand' or 'increased supply'. The former may cause inflation; the latter, deflation.

Just to mention the formal definition, deflation means "Reduction of the general level of prices in an economy". Which is exactly the point I was trying to prove.

And yeah, the yen is gaining value, but all of the NPC-related items and services have the same price as they had at Unova release inflation period, so we have lost a lot of purchasing power since then.

Nowadays 1 hour of farming means less yen, so you can buy less braces, less pokeballs, less harvesting tools and pay for less GTL listing fees.

While generally true, anything that can be purchased on the GTL can also be directly traded for other items. In that regard, they are indeed currencies.

What you are seeing in some areas of the economy is indeed deflation. As an example, yen goes further when purchasing Leppa Berries as the price is now sitting around 800 yen vs the 1300 yen it hovered around for quite some time.

You haven't lost purchasing power when you look at it, and using the formal definition of deflation, you have actually gained purchasing power. Deflation happens when there is a contraction in the supply of money. Since yen is considered harder to come by now the supply has therefore contracted, thus reducing the prices. It will, obviously, take time for things to adjust, but as it sits the market is trying to normalize for the period of time between the last update and the release of Sinnoh, which will inevitably change things again.

I may be wrong here, but i feel like many people are missing the point.

In this game money can be spent for two reasons: vanity stuff (shinies, vanity items) and competitive play (battle items and competitive pokemons).

As long as vanity stuff goes, especially in regard of the shiny market, little happened, i agree with some of the comments above: appearently we are not facing deflation or inflation in the sense of having our purchasing power lowered.

There is some imbalance with demand and supply, and because of the extremely high amounts of goods like leppas on the gtl, prices went down

The same goes with most battle items, like choice items or leftovers

The problem here revolves firstly around breeding. 

The most important items for breeding, are braces (and we may consider pokeballs, too, if u catch your own 1x31s). Braces prices do not consider the market, so as of the competitive side of the game, we are surely facing a situation where our purchasing power is lowered. 

Add to this breeding phenomena, similar phenomena suchs as gtl fees and harvesting tools prices, which are indipendent from the market, and you got a stagnating economy.

The point is, old players, who are already rich and have plenty of comps, will suffer this situation less,while newer players, who count on a continouos money flow, and not from old savings, are clearly the damaged ones.

New players, in theory, would need comps, but breeding is now harder, so either less comps will be bred, lowering our competive power base, or people will just give up on the comp metagame. 

Many people have already shown unsatisfaction, i too feel like the nerfs were too hard.

We either need to lower the npc items prices, or "print" more money, buffing gyms, or adding a new source of income, maybe sinnoh undergrounds

On 4/9/2019 at 17:17, GodofKawaii said:

así es como funciona un MMO

I'm aware of how a mmo works, but the problem is the decline of the game, for not going back,
 2 years ago, things were much better, adding regions should add to the economy, NOT REMAIN, boy.

On 4/9/2019 at 17:46, DeadGorilla said:

podemos retroceder a la parte en la que cree que cualquiera que esté jugando este juego es feliz

Well, I'm not happy to be 5 hours trying to collect gold, which before in 2 hours, as I said before, adding a region MUST add not subtract the economy, and here clearly rest.

On 4/9/2019 at 17:48, HackGod said:

¿Estamos hablando de precios más bajos o valores más bajos aquí? Precios y valores más bajos, quiero decir, por qué no

We are not talking about itself, to place the items / pokemons at a lower price,
 but to increase the gain of the players, so as not to stagnate the economy, which is what is really happening now.

On 4/9/2019 at 18:04, SecretDjinn said:

Hola. 

¿Sería tan amable de proporcionar ejemplos de los problemas mencionados en su idioma nativo junto con una traducción al inglés? Tal vez podrías expresar mejor tu punto de esta manera.

Hola.

¿Serías tan amable de proporcionar ejemplos de los problemas que ha mencionado en tu idioma natal junto con una traducción al inglés? Quizá puedes explicar mejor tu punto de esa manera.

Yes of course, Mr. GM, you ask me for examples, well here are some:
Changes that a normal player can see:
- The gain of gyms and islands among other npc, have been nerfeados.
-The appearance of items has been disincremented.
- It has tripled the time that one must be online to be able to produce gold and thus be able to raise competitive or buy shinys.
Maybe the message was not really understood, I just explained that the economy is frozen, enter the game, see in the 
"trade" chat see how only the people of China sell nothing more, that is due to a stagnation on the part of the economy , if 
there is no money, there are no buyers or sellers, and I do not know how the Chinese do it, but one when playing pokemon
 WANTS TO COMPETITION, NOT BEING 5H DAILY FOR 5 DAYS GATHERING GOLD TO BE RAISE A 5X31.

si claro, señor GM, usted me pide ejemplos, bueno aqui van algunos:
Cambios que un jugador normal puede ver: 
- La ganancia de los gyms y islas entre otros npc, han sido nerfeados.
-Se a desincrementado la aparicion de items.
-Se a triplicado el tiempo que uno debe estar online para poder producir oro y asi poder criar competitivos o comprar shinys.

quizás el mensaje no se entiendi realmente, solo explico que la economia esta congelada, entre al juego, vea en el chat de " trade" vea como solo las personas de china vende nada mas, eso se debe a un estancamiento de parte de la economia, si no hay dinero, no hay  compradores ni vendedores, y no se como lo hacen los chinos, pero uno al jugar pokemon  QUIERE COMPETIR, NO ESTAR 5H DIARIAS POR 5 DIAS REUNIENDO ORO PARA PODER CRIAR UN 5X31.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:35, Akshit said:

¿Por qué debería ser así? Porque ha sido todo acerca de la granja aquí desde tiempos inmemoriales. Incluso para hacer comps, tienes que cultivar, y la mayoría de los jugadores en el juego ni siquiera están interesados en un juego competitivo. China, que tiene la mayor base de jugadores, tiene que ver con la agricultura y los shinys, con solo unos pocos interesados en batallas competitivas. Incluso teniendo en cuenta a los jugadores que no son CN, el aspecto competitivo del juego siempre compensó una comunidad relativamente pequeña. Siempre hay enfrentamiento, etc. si quieres una acción competitiva pura y no una granja.

Además, la reducción de la entrada de dinero tiene el valor elevado de pokeyen. Todo es más barato ahora de acuerdo con la escasez de efectivo, por lo que no se hace mucha diferencia.

I understand the search for shinys, but not the farm, that is due to the need to produce gold, in order to continue looking for shinys or compete,
 I also agree that you have to farm, which does not mean you should do it in excess, if one wants a shiny initial, to make an effort, but if one wants 
to raise a simple 5x31, it does not take 6 days to raise it, I don't know if you are an old player here, but I am quite here, and in the golden age of mmo,
 where there were not many people from other languages, only English or Spanish, among others, things were different, if one wanted something he did 
it with dedication, but not being connected for 8 hours a day, to get it, I understand that It's a mmo, but you don't have to exploit people, we have life,
 not everyone can be there all day without doing anything.

PS: the devaluation of the pokeyen does not affect the entry of trade if there are no people to trade, 
in other words, it does not matter if you sell something for $ 1, if there are no people who do not buy it, because you do not want to be 6 hours to get that $ 1.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:16, Rittz said:

Bueno, creo que entiendo lo que quiere decir y lo que sucede. Definitivamente se refiere a la deflación en los precios. Puede observar que al observar cuán baratos son algunos criadores, ahora hay muchos de ellos por debajo de 4k, cuando 7-8k ha sido el mínimo para la mayoría de los grupos de huevos en los últimos años. Además, hoy puedes comprar fácilmente composiciones compuestas de 5x31 por 700-800k, algo que sería increíble hace 2 o 3 años. La deflación también está afectando los precios de los artículos, solo para traer algunos ejemplos, Metal Coat (generalmente alrededor de 11k y ahora alrededor de 5k), everstones (20-25k hace algunos años, 7k ahora) o Leppa berry (1.2 / 1.3k antes en comparación con 0.8 ahora ?)

A esta deflación, tenemos que agregar algunos de los nerfs recientes , algunos de ellos demasiado abruptos en mi opinión:

•  Destruir la esencia de Amulet Coin , lo que reduce el beneficio de las carreras de gimnasia
  • El nerf brutal para la recolección de cultivos en algunos de los mejores lugares (solo intente recoger algunas sobras en Berry Forest hoy en día si no sabe de lo que estoy hablando, no es casualidad que las sobras sean uno de los pocos artículos que han subido en el precio-)

Los nerfs se están  sumando a la deflación en los precios de GTL , creando un mal escenario: están convirtiendo el dinero agrícola en una tarea aún más tediosa.  Algunos de ustedes dirían: "obtienes menos dinero en gimnasios o carreras en la isla, y menos artículos mientras recoges la agricultura, pero las cosas también son más baratas". Bueno, algunos de ellos lo son, pero la mayoría de los artículos clave o cargos de NPC, como aparatos de energía, bolas de poké y tarifas de listado de GTL son tan caros como siempre. Por lo tanto, los criadores y los artículos son tan difíciles de obtener como siempre, pero el beneficio que obtienes de la venta es menor que antes, por lo que la agricultura se vuelve más tediosa.

Creo que estamos en la parte trasera de un ciclo que comenzó cuando se lanzó Unova. En ese momento, muchos jugadores nuevos (tendemos a culpar a los chinos, pero no solo a ellos) invadieron el mercado con una gran cantidad de dinero fresco, ya sea obteniendo moliendo la historia o gimnasios, o comprando RP. Eso creó una economía activa que trajo una falsa sensación de alto poder adquisitivo, porque, como sabemos, el precio de PokéBalls, llaves de poder y otros precios de NPC se mantuvo igual. Hubo inflación, pero los jugadores tenían dinero para comprar todo lo que querían.

Ahora estamos en la posición opuesta, todos los jugadores casuales que llegaron cuando se lanzó Unova ahora se han ido; Los nuevos jugadores que agregan dinero a la economía a través del Modo Historia se reducen en número (mucho), las compras de RP se han desplomado (sí, no tengo datos reales, pero todos sabemos que las donaciones se han reducido por ahora), y de repente tienen esta economía plana que hace que la agricultura sea increíblemente tediosa.

No sé qué falla, eso pertenece a los desarrolladores para pensar. Probablemente sea la falta de jugadores activos. Pero es cierto que a fines de 2016 y principios de 2017, algunos meses antes del lanzamiento de Unova, teníamos una economía estancada como la que tenemos ahora, pero los precios eran mucho más altos (recuerdo haber vendido bayas reductoras de EV a 2k cada una en ese entonces, ¿quién se atrevería hoy? ?) Entonces, las cosas que se estaban haciendo bien en ese momento, no se están haciendo bien hoy en día.

Your ideology is quite right, people do not want to be connected to islands, gyms and npc 5h, everything is a matter of time, 
what used to cost 2h, now you need to be 5h to get the same money, prices were reduced if, but only and simply, that NO ONE PURCHASES,
 simply because of that, the economy is super frozen.

With regard to the latter, there was a time when things worked well, I called it "the golden age" was in 2015-2016, the economy was fine,
 if I remember correctly, the GTL was barely being implemented, the developers understood that the strong point of the game were the shinys and the competitive ones,
 therefore there was greater access to economic resources and therefore the economy worked, some were doing business raising others with berries, others with shinys sales,
 nowadays, nobody wants raise, LESS SELL them on request, do not feel like it.

On 7/9/2019 at 14:30, richardbenzina said:

Puedo estar equivocado aquí, pero siento que muchas personas están perdiendo el punto.

En este juego, el dinero puede gastarse por dos razones: cosas de vanidad (shinies, artículos de vanidad) y juegos competitivos (artículos de batalla y pokemons competitivos).

Mientras las cosas vanidas, especialmente en lo que respecta al mercado brillante, poco sucedió, estoy de acuerdo con algunos de los comentarios anteriores: aparentemente no enfrentamos deflación o inflación en el sentido de que nuestro poder adquisitivo se reduzca.

Existe un desequilibrio con la demanda y la oferta, y debido a las cantidades extremadamente altas de bienes como leppas en el gtl, los precios bajaron

Lo mismo ocurre con la mayoría de los elementos de batalla, como los elementos de elección o las sobras.

El problema aquí gira en primer lugar en torno a la cría. 

Los elementos más importantes para la cría son los aparatos ortopédicos (y también podemos considerar las pokebolas si atrapa sus propios 1x31). Los precios de los brackets no tienen en cuenta el mercado, por lo que, desde el lado competitivo del juego, seguramente enfrentamos una situación en la que nuestro poder adquisitivo se reduce. 

Agregue a este fenómeno de cría, fenómenos similares, como las tarifas gtl y los precios de las herramientas de cosecha, que son independientes del mercado, y tiene una economía estancada.

El punto es que los jugadores viejos, que ya son ricos y tienen muchas recompensas, sufrirán menos esta situación, mientras que los jugadores más nuevos, que cuentan con un flujo continuo de dinero, y no de viejos ahorros, son claramente los dañados.

Los nuevos jugadores, en teoría, necesitarían comps, pero la cría ahora es más difícil, por lo que se generarán menos comps, lo que reducirá nuestra base de poder competitivo, o la gente simplemente abandonará el metajuego de comp. 

Muchas personas ya han mostrado insatisfacción, yo también siento que los nerfs eran demasiado duros.

Necesitamos reducir los precios de los artículos npc, o "imprimir" más dinero, mejorar los gimnasios o agregar una nueva fuente de ingresos, tal vez sin subterráneos

Even if I am deviating from the original theme, now that you mention the vanity.
You have noticed the amount of vanity articles that currently exist, the list is really extensive, but, to finish their respective regions there is no time,
 great pokemmo (I am waiting for you to finish the battle front of hoen, since 2015), but Well, this has nothing to do with the subject of economics.
Returning to the subject itself, you mention something really interesting "the old people are a millionaire" in part is right,
and thanks to that we can open another issue, the economy is stagnant also because there are less and less new people who want to give way to competitive
, since they do not always give the times, if you see in tournaments they are always the same, and there we are,
 THE STAFF SHOULD INSENTIVATE ITS USERS, not to give nerf and these things to vary.
On 9/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, Quakkz said:

i said it once, gonna say it again. you don`t make less money with gymruns now unless you suck at it

In fact you make more at the moment if you are able to clear kanto+hoenn for example. You make even more if you do an E4 run before!

So let's face it, the pickup nerf was kinda meh, there might be a reasoning behind that but not too sure here. The berry-nerf was 100% needed, no arguing about that. Anyone who disagrees on that is simply not aiming to play an MMO. Gym runs on the other hand got buffed while yen value increased. If you really invest some time into the game now and do gym runs you will gain more money now compared to before the changes (excluding berryprofit but those were out of hand anyways) while yen is worth more now. So concerning gym runs the pure value of one run did not only go up due to yen value going up but also due to amulett coin being more profitable if you are not jerking off while running.

In my opinion these changes were quite healthy. The economy itself is just in stress right now due to the change itself. Once the prices stabilize there will be more transactions for sure and the game will not feel as dead ecomonywise. The only complaint I kinda understand is the downside of having to fully focus for the duration of the amulett coin. It might be more enjoyable if there are some changes like x-battles per use while keeping the max-value you can gain stable.

7 hours ago, Charly said:

Even if I am deviating from the original theme, now that you mention the vanity.
You have noticed the amount of vanity articles that currently exist, the list is really extensive, but, to finish their respective regions there is no time,
 great pokemmo (I am waiting for you to finish the battle front of hoen, since 2015), but Well, this has nothing to do with the subject of economics.
Returning to the subject itself, you mention something really interesting "the old people are a millionaire" in part is right,
and thanks to that we can open another issue, the economy is stagnant also because there are less and less new people who want to give way to competitive
, since they do not always give the times, if you see in tournaments they are always the same, and there we are,
 THE STAFF SHOULD INSENTIVATE ITS USERS, not to give nerf and these things to vary.

I think that when the OP starts to use this kind of font, the thread should be automatically locked and trashed.

9 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I think that when the OP starts to use this kind of font, the thread should be automatically locked and trashed.

agreed it seemed to be so important he decided to disappear for a week after an hour of posting this most likely troll thread

Edited by GodofKawaii

I do not understand those who say that there are economic problems, it is all the same as always only that the concept of "being good in the game" is wrong xD.

Farming gyms, full pvp and raising pokes x30 not below 2m and 50k in bp. Enough to do everything you want in the game, now if you care about cosmetics and that garbage is your subject xD.

Pokémon is, was and always will be, whether they like it or not, if you are good at competing, you will have what you want without much effort.

Edited by Cacha
6 minutes ago, Cacha said:

I do not understand those who say that there are economic problems, it is all the same as always only that the concept of "being good in the game" is wrong xD.

Farming gyms, full pvp and raising pokes x30 not below 2m and 50k in bp. Enough to do everything you want in the game, now if you care about cosmetics and that garbage is your subject xD.

Pokémon is, was and always will be, whether they like it or not, if you are good at competing, you will have what you want without much effort.

i only play this game for the lit outfits 

Edited by Minks
needed a cool font
6 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

So yes, in conclusion, this update did not fix the economy. To a degree, it actually made it worse.

The economy has been broken and at this point, nothing can fix it.

Now that we have arrived to this conclusion, the thread can be closed.

Surprised nobody told you this earlier, but goddamn you're great at making conclusions.

/s

On 9/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, Charly said:

I'm aware of how a mmo works, but the problem is the decline of the game, for not going back,
 2 years ago, things were much better, adding regions should add to the economy, NOT REMAIN, boy.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, Charly said:

Well, I'm not happy to be 5 hours trying to collect gold, which before in 2 hours, as I said before, adding a region MUST add not subtract the economy, and here clearly rest.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, Charly said:

We are not talking about itself, to place the items / pokemons at a lower price,
 but to increase the gain of the players, so as not to stagnate the economy, which is what is really happening now.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, Charly said:

Yes of course, Mr. GM, you ask me for examples, well here are some:
Changes that a normal player can see:
- The gain of gyms and islands among other npc, have been nerfeados.
-The appearance of items has been disincremented.
- It has tripled the time that one must be online to be able to produce gold and thus be able to raise competitive or buy shinys.

Maybe the message was not really understood, I just explained that the economy is frozen, enter the game, see in the 
"trade" chat see how only the people of China sell nothing more, that is due to a stagnation on the part of the economy , if 
there is no money, there are no buyers or sellers, and I do not know how the Chinese do it, but one when playing pokemon
 WANTS TO COMPETITION, NOT BEING 5H DAILY FOR 5 DAYS GATHERING GOLD TO BE RAISE A 5X31.

si claro, señor GM, usted me pide ejemplos, bueno aqui van algunos:
Cambios que un jugador normal puede ver: 
- La ganancia de los gyms y islas entre otros npc, han sido nerfeados.
-Se a desincrementado la aparicion de items.
-Se a triplicado el tiempo que uno debe estar online para poder producir oro y asi poder criar competitivos o comprar shinys.

quizás el mensaje no se entiendi realmente, solo explico que la economia esta congelada, entre al juego, vea en el chat de " trade" vea como solo las personas de china vende nada mas, eso se debe a un estancamiento de parte de la economia, si no hay dinero, no hay  compradores ni vendedores, y no se como lo hacen los chinos, pero uno al jugar pokemon  QUIERE COMPETIR, NO ESTAR 5H DIARIAS POR 5 DIAS REUNIENDO ORO PARA PODER CRIAR UN 5X31.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:07 PM, Charly said:

I understand the search for shinys, but not the farm, that is due to the need to produce gold, in order to continue looking for shinys or compete,
 I also agree that you have to farm, which does not mean you should do it in excess, if one wants a shiny initial, to make an effort, but if one wants 
to raise a simple 5x31, it does not take 6 days to raise it, I don't know if you are an old player here, but I am quite here, and in the golden age of mmo,
 where there were not many people from other languages, only English or Spanish, among others, things were different, if one wanted something he did 
it with dedication, but not being connected for 8 hours a day, to get it, I understand that It's a mmo, but you don't have to exploit people, we have life,
 not everyone can be there all day without doing anything.

PS: the devaluation of the pokeyen does not affect the entry of trade if there are no people to trade, 
in other words, it does not matter if you sell something for $ 1, if there are no people who do not buy it, because you do not want to be 6 hours to get that $ 1.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, Charly said:

Your ideology is quite right, people do not want to be connected to islands, gyms and npc 5h, everything is a matter of time, 
what used to cost 2h, now you need to be 5h to get the same money, prices were reduced if, but only and simply, that NO ONE PURCHASES,
 simply because of that, the economy is super frozen.

With regard to the latter, there was a time when things worked well, I called it "the golden age" was in 2015-2016, the economy was fine,
 if I remember correctly, the GTL was barely being implemented, the developers understood that the strong point of the game were the shinys and the competitive ones,
 therefore there was greater access to economic resources and therefore the economy worked, some were doing business raising others with berries, others with shinys sales,
 nowadays, nobody wants raise, LESS SELL them on request, do not feel like it.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Charly said:

Multipost much dude? There is an edit button and this type of posting doesn't make your points any more or less valid.

To the further point, nothing was taken out of the economy when Unova was added and nothing will be taken when Sinnoh is added. You've made a very rash claim there.

You've gained purchasing power relative to the original value of certain items on the GTL because money is valued more than those items. This is really only a negative for players who only want to make a quick buck in game with little effort. 

Your claim that yen has been devalued is farther from the point. Yen is valued more, hence why certain consumable items are dropping in price. If yen was being devalued players would want more for their goods. Lower prices is a means of attracting the buyers. If you don't care to keep up with your competition on the GTL you will be stuck where you are now. As a real world example of this is Toys R' Us going bankrupt in the US. At their peak they had a strong hold on the toy market, and then Walmart began selling the same toys cheaper. Other retailers picked up the same model and began undercutting them. Toys R' Us figured they could maintain their current model and that other retailers wouldn't harm their bottom line. Babies R' Us was born from a need for their parent company to diversify to gain back lost ground, and in the end it all failed. They failed to adjust their prices to keep up with competition and wound up bankrupt as a result. How does that apply to PokeMMO? Well, if your listings are constantly getting undercut in value and you maintain that players will eventually be forced to purchase your listings you will soon find yourself waiting weeks for them to sell. Some may even expire and need relisted which means you have to pay more over time for your failure to keep up.

Bringing up the point about, "Chinese players aren't selling anymore," is very ignorant. You are conveniently leaving out times when you are online. Odds are you are on at an off peak time for that section of the community. Aside from that I've noticed multiple threads from Chinese players afraid of being banned for selling. In otherwords, there are more factors you aren't looking at so you can't make that claim at all.

You can't say, "we aren't talking about GTL listings but returns for players," because at the end of the day you have to talk about those. That is the driving force of the economy, not gym runs, not E4 runs. Player trades are the whole reason the economy exists. If that isn't happening, there is no economy. To that further point, it is happening, and in a very large degree. So if we aren't talking about player exchanges we aren't talking about the economy, we are talking about returns on gym rebattles, which need to be balanced to prevent a large influx of cash into the economy. Why? Because this update was a thing that the devs don't want to have to do again.

• (PvE/PvP) TRICK will always behave temporarily in PvE/PvP.
  • (PvE) THIEF/COVET will now have a chance to break the item if the caster of THIEF/COVET and wild encounters' level difference is too high:
  • (PvE) PAYDAY will no longer function with Amulet Coins.
  • (PvE) PAYDAY will now calculate its payout based on the opponent's level instead of the caster's.
  • (PvE) PAYDAY's secondary effect will now only function once per battle.
Economic
  • The following Buy/Sell rates for items have been adjusted:
    • BUY PRICES:
      • Potion:           Original: 300     New: 150
      • Fresh Water:      Original: 200     New: 350
      • Super Potion:     Original: 700     New: 400
      • Soda Pop:         Original: 300     New: 500
      • Lemonade:         Original: 350     New: 600
      • Hyper Potion:     Original: 1200    New: 1600
      • Full Heal:        Original: 600     New: 700
      • Antidote:         Original: 100     New: 250
      • Parlyz Heal:      Original: 200     New: 250
      • Revive:           Original: 1500    New: 2500
      • Escape Rope:      Original: 550     New: 600
      • Repel:            Original: 350     New: 400
      • Super Repel:      Original: 500     New: 825
      • Max Repel:        Original: 700     New: 1050
    • SELL PRICE OVERRIDES:
      • All TMs have had their sell prices reduced to $100.
      • Tiny Mushroom sell prices reduced to $300
      • Big Mushroom sell prices reduced to $1000
      • Pearl sell prices reduced to $1250
      • Big Pearl sell prices reduced to $2250
      • Nugget sell prices reduced to $2850
      • Stardust sell prices reduced to $1500
      • Star Piece sell prices reduced to $2500
      • All other sell prices abide by the normal "50% of Buy Price" formula.
  • The following Wild Encounter Held Item rates have been adjusted:
    • PARAS:
      • TinyMushroom hold rate reduced from 50% to 20%
      • Big Mushroom hold rate increased from 5% to 10%
    • SHELLDER:
      • Pearl hold rate reduced from 50% to 12%
      • Big Pearl hold rate increased from 5% to 6%
    • STARYU:
      • Stardust hold rate reduced from 50% to 10%
      • Star Piece hold rate increased from 5% to 6%
  • NPC trainer payouts have been globally reduced by 33%~80% on a per-npc basis. Early game and naturally low payouts have been left unaffected.
  • Enabled money trading between players.
  • Items may now be sold in any Mart.
  • Amulet Coin's payout rate has been adjusted from 200% to 120%.
  • VS Seeker payout rates have been adjusted from 200% to 50%.
  • Removed monetary rewards from the Elite 4.
  • Replaced overworld Nuggets/Pearls/Big Pearls/StarDust/Star Pieces with Antidotes.
  • New players will, once again, start in poverty.
Other
  • Increased animation speed for the Catch animation.
  • FPS Counter is now disabled by default. FPS Counter may be enabled in the Settings menu.
  • All player money counts have been reduced to $20,000 if they exceeded that amount.
  • The following player item stacks have been reduced to 5 if they exceeded 5:
    • ANTIDOTE
    • PARLYZ HEAL
    • POTION
    • SUPER POTION
    • AWAKENING
    • BURN HEAL
    • ESCAPE ROPE
    • REPEL
    • SUPER REPEL
    • ICE HEAL
    • REVIVE
    • GREAT BALL
    • ULTRA BALL
    • BURN HEAL
    • RETRO MAIL
    • POKé DOLL
    • FIRE STONE
    • THUNDERSTONE
    • WATER STONE
    • LEAF STONE
    • HP UP
    • PROTEIN
    • IRON
    • CARBOS
    • CALCIUM
    • ZINC
    • TM05
    • TM15
    • TM28
    • TM31
    • TM43
    • TM45
    • X ATTACK
    • X DEFEND
    • X SPEED
    • X ACCURACY
    • X SPECIAL
    • MAX REPEL
    • DIRE HIT
    • GUARD SPEC.
    • FRESH WATER
    • SODA POP
    • LEMONADE
    • FULL HEAL
    • MAX POTION
    • FULL RESTORE
    • HYPER POTION
    • DREAM MAIL
    • CHERI BERRY
    • CHESTO BERRY
    • PECHA BERRY
    • RAWST BERRY
    • ASPEAR BERRY
    • LEPPA BERRY
    • ORAN BERRY
    • PERSIM BERRY
    • LUM BERRY
    • SITRUS BERRY
    • FIGY BERRY
    • WIKI BERRY
    • MAGO BERRY
    • AGUAV BERRY
    • IAPAPA BERRY
    • POMEG BERRY
    • KELPSY BERRY
    • QUALOT BERRY
    • HONDEW BERRY
    • GREPA BERRY
    • TAMATO BERRY
    • LIECHI BERRY
    • GANLON BERRY
    • SALAC BERRY
    • PETAYA BERRY
    • APICOT BERRY
    • LANSAT BERRY
    • STARF BERRY
    • TINYMUSHROOM
    • BIG MUSHROOM
    • PEARL
    • BIG PEARL
    • STARDUST
    • STAR PIECE
    • NUGGET
    • PP UP
    • PP MAX
    • LAVA COOKIE
    • MOON STONE
    • ETHER
    • MOOMOO MILK
    • ELIXIR

Chinese are the only ones happy with the grind.

You need to find the way to make new players comfortable and with powers that old players cant abuse cause limited/disabled.

For example, trainer lvl: the higher your level, the less money you get on gyms; you think how to make this to work and how to prevent multi-accounting.

Economy is so bad that i had to actually post :/