Gym Rematch Team Advice

I'm pretty sure that spamming earthquake handles at least 50% of most gyms. You have to deal with the annoying Moxie prompt, but if you can kill 1 or 2 Pokemon on the first turn with Krookodile Earthquake, it just snowpiles into beating the whole gym no matter what.

It's pretty much what are just the best STAB double hit moves you can get off right away. I see it done with Eruption, Water Spout, Surf, Discharge, Sludge Wave, etc. If the move hits your partner, just try to get an immunity/not very effective partner set up with it.

i use always team rain and i prefer than other teams, very fast duels for all gyms.

pelipper kingdra + ludicolo (spam surf 0,25% damages for types water dragon or water grass) , 1 poke with water absorb (vaporeon jellicent or lapras) and kabutops, i always use the last pkmn for leveling to 100.

1 pelipper bold leftovers 

2 kingdra specs surf ice beam hp electric 

3 ludicolo life orb gigadrain surf ice beam

4 kabutops cb rock slide waterfall 

5 (water absorb poke, no need any character specially)

6 any poke for leveling.

Spoiler

I use:

Golduck with choice specs and cloud nine ability, gets rid of weather forever so no wasting time with animations and you can often decide for a move that one hits ko most of the stuff even if not STAB (Petal Dance, Scald, Ice beam and psyshock)

Hydreigon with life orb (Dragon pulse, earth power, dark pulse and flamethrower, could be fire blast but flamethrower can ohko most things with super effective)

Medicham with choice scarf, it allows it to outspeed it other choice scarf pokemon, especially that lucario in the psychic gym (High Jump kick, zen headbutt, fire punch and trick, that one is for pvp not gyms)

Krookodile with choice band and moxie, a lot of things die from just choice banded crunch, but if neccesary earthquake then there is hydreigon to not get hit by it (Earthquake, Crunch, Fire fang, stone edge)

Cloyster with choice scarf, no setting up needed if you can outspeed and kill the things that make cloyster faint (Icicle spear, rock blast, razor shell and shell smash, again that one for pvp, not neccesary for gyms.

I can always beat the gyms with just thos 5 pokemon ,so the last slot can be anything really, for me its smeargles with hms for my alts since i dont want t trade the move ocarinas all the time.

Record time for me using that team is 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Edited by Arielle

With these things you should be fine:

1. Starmie with Surf/Ice Beam/Psychic/Thunderbolt

2. Anything decent with Water Absorb so you can spam Surf with Starmie (I use Lapras cuz ice coverage is usually very good)

3. Any flier, preferably a dragon type so you have a plan B spamming Surf ;)

4. A fast Metagross with ThunderPunch (Clear Body is the truth vs all that Intimidate spam)

• 2 weeks later...

With this team i can make my gym run in 1 hour and 30 minutes.

1> (Ace) Krookodile (moxie) Moves ( Earthquake / Rock Slide / Crunch / Dragon Claw) Soft Sand item. Nature i use Jolly with 252 evs in attack and speed

2> (Sup for krok to deal some damage) Charizard, Moves: (Heat Wave / Air cutter / Dragon Pulse ) Item: Wide lens(help with acc). Nature i use Timid with 252 evs in spatt and speed

With this two you can combine EQ and Heat wave/Air Cutter ( heat wave and air cutter helps krook to faints mostly mons and get a buff from Moxie)

3/4> (Sweeper when Krook or Charizard faints) 2x Gengar, Moves: (Sludge Wave / Shadow ball / Thunderbolt / Giga Drain) Item: Life orb. I use Timid nature with 252 evs in spatt and speed.

With this two you can use they with Krook, they have levitate, and they will hit hard and help a lot with couverage moves :)

5> (Help in rain teams) Special Kingdra,(Swift swim) moves: ( Surf / Hydro pump / Dragon pulse / Ice beam) item: CHSpecs. I run Modest nature with 252 evs in spatt and speed

6> Use a fast fighting of your preference, it will help you with Chansey and blissey when your krooko faints) I usually use Lucario with close combat

Edited by LipeHaru