Question about elite 4 and amulet coin

9 hours ago, Archiver said:

66k with 2k BP without an amulet coin.

99k with 2k BP with an amulet coin.

You do not need to activate the amulet coin on the first battle, only during the last.

That’s lit thank you very much for letting me know about this xD

7 hours ago, Dadoiz said:

Whats is the more easy of three league? And the money is equal in every region league?

I think all three are pretty hard. Because they all have a big pool of team to choose from some matches will be easier while others will be harder.

And yes, the reward is the same for all regions.

6 hours ago, LadySarah said:

what's the best pokemon team to sweep E4(lvl100)?
does EV and IV still needed?

6 hours ago, Quakkz said:

good luck trying to sweep level 100 elite 4

Yea it’s not supposed to be super easy but a baton pass team with bulky strong hitters is probably the fastest way to win quickly and stack up money and BP. But it’s definitely still gonna take some time. There’s a guide on the forums too I think on beating the E4 and it tells you what teams they all have in each region. 

Depends on which E4. But basically baton pass boosting is about as easy as it gets. What you want is a really strong bulky attacker (like metagross) that gets crazy boosts and can OHKO anything that doesn't resist it. Then get a fast mon with something like heat wave to clean up any focus sash users

14 hours ago, LadySarah said:

what's the best pokemon team to sweep E4(lvl100)?
does EV and IV still needed?

You need a properly planned team for E4. Running Hoenn super consistently and kanto rather consistently (but tbh you only need one region unless you want to run E4 into E4 for your coin) with a low baton pass team (only gorebyss as a passer) and gotta say for now it feels rather worth it due to spending 5 min of the coin to get the investment in it back.

My problem with Baton Pass is that I always come into a situation where I need to switch out my pokemon and lose all the stat boosts.

I prefer using a pretty balanced team that covers a lot of their weaknesses. It might be slower than other teams but it's cheap (using around 3-5 Revives and ~20 Super Potions) and consistent.

1 hour ago, Archiver said:

My problem with Baton Pass is that I always come into a situation where I need to switch out my pokemon and lose all the stat boosts.

I prefer using a pretty balanced team that covers a lot of their weaknesses. It might be slower than other teams but it's cheap (using around 3-5 Revives and ~20 Super Potions) and consistent.

If you use a lot of faster baton pass users and stack up boosts well, then give them to a bulky sweeper with perfect coverage, then you can probably get away with not switching out and just letting brute force do the work

34 minutes ago, RIchardZheng said:

If you use a lot of faster baton pass users and stack up boosts well, then give them to a bulky sweeper with perfect coverage, then you can probably get away with not switching out and just letting brute force do the work

Another problem is that it takes too long to setup, too gimmicky. Sure you can use Focus Sash Ninjask and Smeargle to pass a +4 attack and speed but if you mess up then you just wasted two pokemon slots. Not to mention that it's expensive. That's two focus sash per battle + the potions you need to heel back to full. Then you also need to deal with your opponent's Focus Sash. You can bring a Stealth Rock Duggtrio to use it and use Memento to bring out Ninjask safely but again, it just adds more and more to your supply cost. Then there's also weather damage you need to deal with. Kanto E4 uses Tyranitar in some teams and it just makes passing +4 boosts that much harder when you don't have a focus sash on Ninjask and Smeargle. And one more thing, priority moves will also mess you up, if you're down to 1HP and plan to Baton Pass but they use a priority move, then what?

A full on Baton Pass team is too gimmicky for my liking. Sure you can have only 1 Baton Passer like Gorebyss or ShellPass Smeargle in your team but I can also just use a Calm Mind Reuniclus or Quiver Dance Volcarona.

So I'm gonna pass on a Baton Pass team.

7 hours ago, Archiver said:

Another problem is that it takes too long to setup, too gimmicky. Sure you can use Focus Sash Ninjask and Smeargle to pass a +4 attack and speed but if you mess up then you just wasted two pokemon slots. Not to mention that it's expensive. That's two focus sash per battle + the potions you need to heel back to full. Then you also need to deal with your opponent's Focus Sash. You can bring a Stealth Rock Duggtrio to use it and use Memento to bring out Ninjask safely but again, it just adds more and more to your supply cost. Then there's also weather damage you need to deal with. Kanto E4 uses Tyranitar in some teams and it just makes passing +4 boosts that much harder when you don't have a focus sash on Ninjask and Smeargle. And one more thing, priority moves will also mess you up, if you're down to 1HP and plan to Baton Pass but they use a priority move, then what?

A full on Baton Pass team is too gimmicky for my liking. Sure you can have only 1 Baton Passer like Gorebyss or ShellPass Smeargle in your team but I can also just use a Calm Mind Reuniclus or Quiver Dance Volcarona.

So I'm gonna pass on a Baton Pass team.

You could also use sturdy Pokémon