What will Sinnoh add to the game?

Hi, I personally never played gen IV, so aside from making it so we can catch garchomps, toxicroaks and offering new farm spots (non-safari chanseys for one), what does sinnoh actually add to the game?

I've found myself a bit burnt out since all the appeal in endgame for me turned out to be LC tournaments and doing battle frontier doubles with a friend in co-op. Will sinnoh maybe offer something that can be done with other people as a sort of cooperation thing?

I'll probably enjoy going through the story and all, but I'm wondering if there's any exclusive multiplayer feature the zone will offer or if it'll be mostly just another area like kanto with not much going on that is mechanically new.

If not I guess it'll be taking a break until dungeons release for me, but I'm curious since I never did experience gen IV stuff and for all I know there could be some cool stuff in it.

Edited by dck

Not for me. Both the fun mechanics of single player from hoenn and unova are not enabled. The vast majority of the particular IV pokémon are already in unova, rhyperior, magnezone, lucario, magmortar, only garchomp, which to be honest, without their hidden ability, stinks. Luxray, drapion and the vast majority of those that you can find new, are NU or untitered.

7 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

nothing tbh, thats why everybody is so disappointed that dungeons were delayed. but you gotta make those paying chinese casuals happy, you know

hey chinners allow them to buy ferraris, we don't, fck the loyal OG community, random chinese are better.

In case someone else is wondering, I looked around a bit and found there's a battle frontier with double coop battles in every mode in Gen IV: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)

If enabled that'd be nice since at least Battle Factory should be functional given that it's already working for Hoenn, just with no multiplayer support. Hopefully the others would be too but I imagine it could go either way given how weird some of their mechanics are.

Definitely would like to hear about what can be expected from this though.

17 hours ago, dck said:

In case someone else is wondering, I looked around a bit and found there's a battle frontier with double coop battles in every mode in Gen IV: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)

If enabled that'd be nice since at least Battle Factory should be functional given that it's already working for Hoenn, just with no multiplayer support. Hopefully the others would be too but I imagine it could go either way given how weird some of their mechanics are.

Definitely would like to hear about what can be expected from this though.

You can do linked doubles in the Battle Frontier in Hoenn

1- In original Gen IV games we had a underground mini-game where you could set traps to ther players ( unoffensive traps, like they send you flying behind the wall and that stuff ), you could have a secret base, and even find fossiles and other items.

2- Adding new Pokémon to the game is always a positive thing ( Sinnoh starters, Drapion, Drifblim, Toxicroak, Gastrodon... )

3- A brand new story for all players who never played this generation ( and let me tell you Gen IV is awesome )

4- Probably new vanities ( I hope so xD )

2 hours ago, Mivadeth said:

1- In original Gen IV games we had a underground mini-game where you could set traps to ther players ( unoffensive traps, like they send you flying behind the wall and that stuff ), you could have a secret base, and even find fossiles and other items.

2- Adding new Pokémon to the game is always a positive thing ( Sinnoh starters, Drapion, Drifblim, Toxicroak, Gastrodon... )

3- A brand new story for all players who never played this generation ( and let me tell you Gen IV is awesome )

4- Probably new vanities ( I hope so xD )

Vanities arent related to regions, nor do they matter, just pixels that are irrelevant.

Underground might not happen, we didnt get it on PTS if im not mistaken.

Story is what matters the least if you ask me, considering it lasts a whooping 6 to 9 hours.

The real big thing is the introduction of gen4 mons into our meta if you ask me, both for pve and pvp players.