Rival blues

Jonination

I`m not sure if this is in the right place, but am I the only one having super tough issues with my rival? I'm around the same level as he is (actually, i've raised all my guys to 40, so i'm a little ahead), but his blastoise (lvl 40) has ice beam, so he just wrecks my poor serperior before i even have a chance to take him down. (not to mention the sitrus berry plus hyper potion BS). Then I'm kinda SOL, as his blastoise is a powerhouse and knocks out at least a few Pokemon I need for his others before fainting and letting the rest of the Pokemon take me right out. His pidgeot seems a little more powerful than his in-game counterpart as well; knowing hurricane which takes out my vibrava before he can even aim a rock at the dumb bird. 

Like, am i just not grinding enough? Or is the difficulty supposed to be so much harder than the normal games'?

21 minutes ago, Jonination said:

I`m not sure if this is in the right place, but am I the only one having super tough issues with my rival? I'm around the same level as he is (actually, i've raised all my guys to 40, so i'm a little ahead), but his blastoise (lvl 40) has ice beam, so he just wrecks my poor serperior before i even have a chance to take him down. (not to mention the sitrus berry plus hyper potion BS). Then I'm kinda SOL, as his blastoise is a powerhouse and knocks out at least a few Pokemon I need for his others before fainting and letting the rest of the Pokemon take me right out. His pidgeot seems a little more powerful than his in-game counterpart as well; knowing hurricane which takes out my vibrava before he can even aim a rock at the dumb bird. 

Like, am i just not grinding enough? Or is the difficulty supposed to be so much harder than the normal games'?

Sounds like a jolteon might help out with both of those pokemon. If you really can't break through, just tentacruel and toxic stall until everything is dead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.