[GUI] Gen5 Inspired Theme

• Mike changed the title to [GUI] Gen5 Inspired Theme
8 hours ago, ShiroHayashi said:

Hello brother, very handsome your theme seems made by gods xD ...

If at any time you put a background on the home screen, could this be? ... 

B9BvSvbIYAAvX4L.png

He would look more handsome than he is already xD

It's pretty easy doing that yourself..

On 6/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, Billla said:

For these wondering how to change the login screen, after Unova update:

Step 1: Add these text blocks to the following files:

main-widgets.xml

<theme name="logingui">
		<param name="background"><image>login-background</image></param>
	</theme>

gfx.xml

<images file="res/background.png">
		<area name="login-background" xywh="*"/>
	</images>

Step 2: Put your custom background into the res folder and name it "background.png"

Even tho that is quite old it still works! Give it a try.

(Don't forget to backup.. There can always be some odd reason for it to break everything.)

Edited by ImNeverWrong
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, ImNeverWrong said:

It's pretty easy doing that yourself..

Even tho that is quite old it still works! Give it a try.

(Don't forget to backup.. There can always be some odd reason for it to break everything.)

I tried doing this and ended up nowhere. Been scouring the forums and the most I've succeeded in doing was changing the logo.

tl;dr trying to add a custom login background to the Classic Premium theme here to no avail.

(would've just made a post asking about this but the 'rules' say I need to ask somebody who'd likely know.

Nevermind, found an easier way. I just copied those .xml files from a theme that does have a working custom background, and pasted 'em in. Voila, custom background loaded in properly

Double-Nevermind. Ended up breaking a lot of fonts. How the hell do you just add a custom background to a theme? I feel like something obvious and not said is being missed here.

Edited by Gravemind93
15 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

I tried doing this and ended up nowhere. Been scouring the forums and the most I've succeeded in doing was changing the logo.

tl;dr trying to add a custom login background to the Classic Premium theme here to no avail.

(would've just made a post asking about this but the 'rules' say I need to ask somebody who'd likely know.

Nevermind, found an easier way. I just copied those .xml files from a theme that does have a working custom background, and pasted 'em in. Voila, custom background loaded in properly

Double-Nevermind. Ended up breaking a lot of fonts. How the hell do you just add a custom background to a theme? I feel like something obvious and not said is being missed here.

Sooo.. You have to change nothing besides the 2 things in the following images..

FHfDHbi.png

Add the paragraph within the red circle to the file with the arrow. (In the theme folder you are using.)

Exact same position if you dont know what you're doing of course. ( </themes> still behind it)

xMsAhrc.png

And do the same here.

After that you just have to put the picture you would like to have as the background into the folder "res" and rename it into "background.png"

It either has to be a png already or you have to format it.

Thats pretty much everything you have to do. If you're already using a custom theme it might not work of course.

Translation errors are to excuse.

2 hours ago, ImNeverWrong said:

Sooo.. You have to change nothing besides the 2 things in the following images..

FHfDHbi.png

Add the paragraph within the red circle to the file with the arrow. (In the theme folder you are using.)

Exact same position if you dont know what you're doing of course. ( </themes> still behind it)

xMsAhrc.png

And do the same here.

After that you just have to put the picture you would like to have as the background into the folder "res" and rename it into "background.png"

It either has to be a png already or you have to format it.

Thats pretty much everything you have to do. If you're already using a custom theme it might not work of course.

Translation errors are to excuse.

Is it possible to put the background with (.gif)? Of course changing the codes from (.png) to (.gif)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2019 at 4:33 PM, Raichuforyou said:

I love this theme. I personally use it all the time now.

Same. This theme is fantastic.
I was using my laptop while on vacation. I had an older version of PokeMMO from back when I played on this device, so I updated it. Still couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with my game and after a little bit of playing I realized it was because this theme wasn't on the laptop. 

• 2 weeks later...