[ratemyteam] Rate my competative team

Hydreigon w/life orb (252 special attack, 252 speed)

• Focus blast
  • Fire blast
  • Dragon pulse
  • Taunt

Lucario w/life orb (252 attack, 252 speed)

• Swords dance
  • Extreme speed
  • Close combat
  • Shadow claw

Pelipper w/ damp rock (252 HP, 212 defense and 40 special defense)

• Hurricane
  • Roost
  • U-Turn
  • Scald

Tentacruel w/black sludge (252 HP, 252 special defense)

• Scald
  • Toxic spikes
  • Protect
  • Rapid Spin

Kingdra w/life orb (252 special attack, 252 speed)

• Draco meteor
  • Hydro pump
  • Surf
  • Ice beam

Magnezone w/light clay (252 special attack, 48 speed, 208 HP)

• Thunder
  • Hidden power fire
  • Light screen
  • Reflect

Let me know if you see any potential problems! Thanks in advance!

Your teams offense looks nice and solid and the Magnezone set looks really cool with dual screens. But a problem I have with your team is that you have nothing to Phaze with encase a setup mon gets out of hand. The best bet you have is to taunt with Hydreigon but by that point it could already be too late so if you could sneak a move like roar or whirlwind on that could be cool. 

1 minute ago, Etozuri said:

Your teams offense looks nice and solid and the Magnezone set looks really cool with dual screens. But a problem I have with your team is that you have nothing to Phaze with encase a setup mon gets out of hand. The best bet you have is to taunt with Hydreigon but by that point it could already be too late so if you could sneak a move like roar or whirlwind on that could be cool. 

Nice catch! I've never had a crazy boost stacked pokemon fight me before (like triple swords dance scizor or something) but I thought I would be fine with toxic spikes or maybe the move toxic and just stall until they are forced to swap away.

If I have trouble with boosts, I might consider roar. Thanks for the advice!

3 hours ago, Etozuri said:

So, funny story. I literally just came upon the situation that you described.

Their team: Volcarona, Torkoal, Gengar, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and some other pokemon that I can't remember

Turn 1 I lose my Pelipper to a Gengar as I forgot that some carry thunderbolt so my best fire counters were dead. Then out comes volcarona onto my Lucario and it sets up not 1, not 2, but 3 quiver dances as swap into tentacruel and burn it, then it kills my tentacruel.

So I have a 3x quiver danced Volcarona at half health and my water pokemon are all toast (did I mention the sun was up?) with no boosted water moves and no rocks at all.

So I thought I was all dead and gone, but a combination of me swapping in and out of attacks that I could resist, I sacrificed then used priority extreme speed on Lucario to knock it out.

Still terrifying to have a boosted sweeper. Had it been anything with even a bit of bulk (like say dragon dance Salamance), I would have lost.

So looks like your advice was good and I might swap skarmory for tentacruel so I have a sturdy roar phazer just in case, also stealth rocks

1 hour ago, RIchardZheng said:

So, funny story. I literally just came upon the situation that you described.

Their team: Volcarona, Torkoal, Gengar, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and some other pokemon that I can't remember

Turn 1 I lose my Pelipper to a Gengar as I forgot that some carry thunderbolt so my best fire counters were dead. Then out comes volcarona onto my Lucario and it sets up not 1, not 2, but 3 quiver dances as swap into tentacruel and burn it, then it kills my tentacruel.

So I have a 3x quiver danced Volcarona at half health and my water pokemon are all toast (did I mention the sun was up?) with no boosted water moves and no rocks at all.

So I thought I was all dead and gone, but a combination of me swapping in and out of attacks that I could resist, I sacrificed then used priority extreme speed on Lucario to knock it out.

Still terrifying to have a boosted sweeper. Had it been anything with even a bit of bulk (like say dragon dance Salamance), I would have lost.

So looks like your advice was good and I might swap skarmory for tentacruel so I have a sturdy roar phazer just in case, also stealth rocks

Ahh yes, Volcarona is a nasty threat! Good thing you had priority on Lucario (; ^ω^). You should do some testing but, you could fit haze onto Tentacruel (replace protect maybe) and that would work if you wanted keep T spikes and a spinner. 

Also I don't recommend but Lucario can learn roar :D

1 minute ago, Etozuri said:

Ahh yes, Volcarona is a nasty threat! Good thing you had priority on Lucario (; ^ω^). You should do some testing but, you could fit haze onto Tentacruel (replace protect maybe) and that would work if you wanted keep T spikes and a spinner. 

Also I don't recommend but Lucario can learn roar :D

I am having problems with Lucario at the moment. he is just soooo fragile that I can never swap it into a move then get a kill with it. The only times I found it to work are to swords dance on a swap out then either use the raw power to deal with slower targets, or shadow claw to deal with ghosts that people will swap in. Or use priority to deal with anything too fast but should be fragile.

But Lucario is just soooo weak that I will swap out for conkeldurr as soon as I can afford it.

I also think my EVs can use a little bit of tweaking as Tentacruel gets rekt by so many physical moves and scald never seems to burn (like 1/8 in a row will burn)

• Jerryzoo changed the title to [ratemyteam] Rate my competative team
  • Jerryzoo locked this topic