Lucky eggs farming

Hello,

I did not play this game for 6 years and wanted to start afresh and make a come back.

Back then lucky egg farming was a huge thing.

Now I understand that the main meta for money making is challenging gyms and farming I believe.

I was wondering if it is still worth it to hunt chanseys at safari park? I really enjoyed this method back in the days!

I also learned that lucky eggs are not perm anymore but made into a consumable.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day! :D

To quote Kyu from the patch notes: 

Lucky Egg / Amulet Coin are now Charm-type consumable items

• Lucky Egg has been split into two items: Lucky Egg (+100% EXP / 1 hour), and Lucky Egg (Small) (+50% / 30 minutes)
  • Increased the availability of Lucky Eggs

I do not have access to the chance for a wild Chansey to hold a lucky egg, but I would assume that the increased availability of lucky eggs is referring to such a change (so I believe they hold them more frequently now to balance out their consumable nature somewhat). If I am wrong on this I will correct this post, though.

Lucky Eggs are still found on Chansey, the new Lucky Egg (Small) can be found on wild Pelliper at a low chance.

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I do not have access to the chance for a wild Chansey to hold a lucky egg, but I would assume that the increased availability of lucky eggs is referring to such a change (so I believe they hold them more frequently now to balance out their consumable nature somewhat)

It most likely refers to the fact that lucky eggs can now be found on pelipper. Not that the lucky egg rate on Chansey has increased.

Unless we get confirmation from @Kyu or another dev that the lucky egg hold rate was increased on chansey, then the only conclusion that can be drawn from the “increased availability” is that smaller ones can be found on pelipper.

3 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

It most likely refers to the fact that lucky eggs can now be found on pelipper. Not that the lucky egg rate on Chansey has increased.

Unless we get confirmation from @Kyu or another dev that the lucky egg hold rate was increased on chansey, then the only conclusion that can be drawn from the “increased availability” is that smaller ones can be found on pelipper.

It refers to both, the Lucky Egg held rate was increased in addition to the Lucky Egg (Small) being placed elsewhere.