[ratemyteam] First try at making a comp

My first try at making a comp, let me know if you see any weakness or ways to improve it.

Spoiler

Scizor @ Choice Band  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- U-turn  
- Pursuit  
- Superpower  

Jolteon @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Volt Absorb  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Shadow Ball  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Seismic Toss  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Toxic  
- Stealth Rock  

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  

Reuniclus @ Leftovers  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Recover  
- Psychic  
- Focus Blast  

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Poison Heal  
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Facade  
- Roost  

seems solid enough.

Glaring weaknesses I can see (yet they can be played around) are darmanitan/arcanine and taunt hydreigon. Luckily, first two are not that common in our metagame.

You might have some issues against hp ice mienshao but still able to play around it.

1 hour ago, MaxAyam said:

My first try at making a comp, let me know if you see any weakness or ways to improve it.

Hide contents

Scizor @ Choice Band  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- U-turn  
- Pursuit  
- Superpower  

Jolteon @ Choice Specs  
Modest Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Shadow Ball  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite  
Bold Nature  
- Seismic Toss  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Toxic  
- Stealth Rock  

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet  
Impish Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  

Reuniclus @ Leftovers  
Bold Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Recover  
- Psychic  
- Focus Blast  

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Facade  
- Roost  

Gliscor doesn't get poison heal on MMO

9 hours ago, MaxAyam said:

Hide contents

Scizor @ Choice Band  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- U-turn  
- Pursuit  
- Superpower  

Jolteon @ Choice Specs  
Modest Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Shadow Ball  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite  
Bold Nature  
- Seismic Toss  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Toxic  
- Stealth Rock  

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet  
Impish Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  

Reuniclus @ Leftovers  
Bold Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Recover  
- Psychic  
- Focus Blast  

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Facade  
- Roost  

Pretty good team, but I would change a few things.

That Gliscor seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. Not sure if he wants to be a tank that sticks around or a sweeper that hits hard. Swords dance (sweeper setup) but not going all in on attack seems strange. You are willing to invest 1/4 moves for sweeping but almost none of the EVs (not max speed or attack). Then you plop on roost which means 2/4 moves are dedicated to setup/heal/stall. I would go all in for attack if that is what you want out of it. If sweeping is what you want (I assume since you already have tanks), then try out flying gem + acrobatics (a VERY strong attack) along with swords dance (obviously), substitute (serves a similar role to roost, but better for offense) and earthquake (STAB bonus). Throw in max attack EVs and max Speed EVs. Your team doesn't need another flying tank, you already got skarmory after all. Also go with adamant for that extra attack

If you change Gliscor, drop brave bird on skarmory for taunt. Skarmory is not the ideal flying attacker (you got gliscor after all), might as well double down on that tanky support role. Or maybe use spikes and get a spikes + stealth rock combo going since you got lots of pokemon that can force a swap.

Also I would take Psychock over Psychic but that choice is more personal and neither is a bad choice

9 hours ago, kiwi said:

voltturn cores should avoid pokemon that kill momentum like chansey or skarmory

4 hours ago, RIchardZheng said:

Pretty good team, but I would change a few things.

That Gliscor seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. Not sure if he wants to be a tank that sticks around or a sweeper that hits hard. Swords dance (sweeper setup) but not going all in on attack seems strange. You are willing to invest 1/4 moves for sweeping but almost none of the EVs (not max speed or attack). Then you plop on roost which means 2/4 moves are dedicated to setup/heal/stall. I would go all in for attack if that is what you want out of it. If sweeping is what you want (I assume since you already have tanks), then try out flying gem + acrobatics (a VERY strong attack) along with swords dance (obviously), substitute (serves a similar role to roost, but better for offense) and earthquake (STAB bonus). Throw in max attack EVs and max Speed EVs. Your team doesn't need another flying tank, you already got skarmory after all. Also go with adamant for that extra attack

If you change Gliscor, drop brave bird on skarmory for taunt. Skarmory is not the ideal flying attacker (you got gliscor after all), might as well double down on that tanky support role. Or maybe use spikes and get a spikes + stealth rock combo going since you got lots of pokemon that can force a swap.

Also I would take Psychock over Psychic but that choice is more personal and neither is a bad choice

Initially, I wanted to make a offensive voltturn team but there aren't many great voltturn cores on pokemmo so I made it semi-stally with scizor jolteon for some momentum.

My plan was to use chansey skarmory to stall against offensive team and using toxic, stealth rock+whirlwind to wear it down.

Against stall team, I would target its hazer and setup with bulky offense gliscor or reuniclus but since gliscor doesn't get poison heal, it's not going to fit this role.

14 hours ago, MaxAyam said:

Initially, I wanted to make a offensive voltturn team but there aren't many great voltturn cores on pokemmo so I made it semi-stally with scizor jolteon for some momentum.

My plan was to use chansey skarmory to stall against offensive team and using toxic, stealth rock+whirlwind to wear it down.

Against stall team, I would target its hazer and setup with bulky offense gliscor or reuniclus but since gliscor doesn't get poison heal, it's not going to fit this role.

For VoltTurn, the best mons I can think of are Darmanitan, Magnezone (scarf), Jolteon, Scizor and a few other U-Turn users. Chansey and Skarmory are a good defensive core, pretty solid in general. Against a stall team, reuniclus is a great pokemon to setup with.

If you want bulky offense, I find conkledurr a good, if slow, fit. Able to take a hit and deal out powerful priority attacks is always desired.

• Jerryzoo changed the title to [ratemyteam] First try at making a comp
  • Jerryzoo locked this topic