Sooo how exactly does IV/EV(?) training work?

I'm not new to the pokeman scene, just never once bothered to get into those mechanics cause I never really cared.

But I'll try to keep it simple.

Say I wanna train a Charmander(and eventually Charizard) for maximum Atk, Sp Atk, and Speed. Those 3 stats focused on only. How would I do that, as cheaply as possible? And ideally without the frankly ridiculous endless cycle of breeding and hatching.

I caught wind somewhere that "Fighting Rattata makes your pikamon faster" and I was like 'wut' so is it really that simple? Just fight [pokemon] for guaranteed stat boosts?

Note: This is not for PvP. Just PvE.

To elaborate on what Teddi said, each Pokemon you defeat yields specific EV(s) for every Pokemon that participated in battle against it (or had an exp share). The in-game pokedex tells you which EV(s) a Pokemon yields. The most efficient way to EV train is by using hordes, and I'll link two guides for that ^_^ if you're done with the story, here's the guide that'd help the most:

If you haven't unlocked access to every single location yet, here's a horde guide with all the EV yields for each horde:

Good luck!

Edited by Dibz
3 hours ago, SneakyTeddi said:

Hi!

EV is a simple mechanic but there's a lot that can be explained. It's easier if you go to this guide for example:

There's others on our guide section:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/26-guide-tavern/

I hope this will help! ^^

Unrelated to this thread topic, where's a good spot to ask for advice on PvE stuff, building my team right and all non-comp stuff? I don't wanna spam General Discussions every time I have a question. Unless they just go here.

@SneakyTeddi@Dibz

Thanks you 2. Cleared it up for me.