[Doubles] Cave of Origin Invitational

Welcome to the first Cave of Origin Invitational.

57-1f.jpg

The end of the Doubles meta as we know is closeTM.

In an effort to spice up the doubles scene and step up the game, I'll be releasing this invitational tournament, to give invested ones an one last chance to compete in a high caliber environment prior to the Sinnoh meta shift. 

The initial bracket will consist of 32 invitees drawn from the strongest and most genuine players that will clash in a Swiss Format qualifier, then face in a best of three Top Cut to take the crown home.

Invitees will be revealed in spans of 12 to 24 hours from this post's release in groups of 8. Each invitee will be provided with a week to accept or deny its participation. Confirmation of assistance can be done in public or private.

[If any spots are open after the 4 reveals + its confirmations, people will be allowed to aplicate as fillers, with whatever they want to give as reason or accomplishment]

The creation of a Community Discord will come along the tournament, to keep the tournament interesting, and generate content.

https://discord.gg/F8Qrkek

All matches will be screenshotted (or recorded if possible) for commentary and/or analysis purposes, such as 'match of the week', discussion about matchups and stats gathering.

The mechanic to spectate battles will be the same as in PSL/wcop, but posting 'playing in 10' in the #scheduling channel on discord and @everyone tag.

En Español:

Spoiler

En un esfuerzo por darle vida a la escena de dobles y mejorar el nivel, lanzaré este torneo por invitación, para dar a los jugadores interesados una última oportunidad de competir en un entorno de alto nivel antes del cambio al metagame de Sinnoh

El grupo inicial consistirá en 32 invitados provenientes de los jugadores más fuertes y genuinos que se enfrentarán en rondas de formato suizo, y luego se enfrentarán en un Top Cut al mejor de 3 para llevarse la corona a casa.

Los invitados se revelarán en un lapso de 12 a 24 horas desde el lanzamiento de esta publicación en grupos de 8. Cada invitado recibirá una semana para aceptar o negar su participación. La confirmación de la asistencia se puede hacer en público o en privado.

[Si hay espacios abiertos después de revelar todos los invitados y sus confirmaciones, las personas podrán postularse como rellenos, con lo que quieran dar como razón o logro]

La creación de un Discord comunitario vendrá a lo largo del torneo, para mantener el torneo interesante y generar contenido.

https://discord.gg/F8Qrkek

Todas las partidas serán hechas screenshot (o grabadas si es posible) con fines de comentarios y/o análisis, como 'partida de la semana', discusión sobre matchups y recopilación de estadísticas.

La mecánica para observar batallas será la misma que en PSL/wcop, pero publicando 'jugando en 10' en el canal #scheduling en discord y @everyone tag.

Pricepool will most likely be low since I dont have much to give, and the winner should take everything home. Ill accept donations.

Current pot: 8M + 5 Comp Dubs mons. 

Lluvvia - 2M

Parke - 2.5M

OrangeManiac - 2 M

Xigbar - Volcarona, Torkoal, Metagross, Cherrim and Salamence comp dubs mons.

PoseidonWrath - 1.5 M

INVITEES LIST 

1. @DoctorPBC

2. @DoubleJ

3. @Frag

4. iJulianFNT @FNTCZ

5. @OrangeManiac

6. @Rendiz

7. Santiii @EfronX

8. @Zigh

9. @AlejandroGB

10. @Chjul19

11. @LKrenz

12. @MaatthewMLG

13. @Parke

14. @PoseidonWrath

15. RealDevilLegend @isi1993

16. @Redav

17. @mspinguino

18. @NagaHex

19. @Nawe

20. @Oltan

21. @plata1

22. @Sebat

23. @WESTKH

24. @xSparkie

25. @Xigbar

26. @Kepzal

27. AngelosRed @xWhinkZ

28. @xXBlu3BreathXx

29. @sweendogforums

30. @Leviatharian

31. @gbwead

32. @Lluvvia

Edited by Lluvvia

Third 8 invitees bump. 

Edit: This took me an extra while just to get home and aswer theese questions.

20 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I'm curious what your guidelines are to pick players? Hall of Fame looks to be playing a big roll. 

I've checked PSL and World Cup results, researched thru a lot of threads (tournaments etc), computed all automated tournaments with comp. prices and talked to some people about some names they'd recognice as worth inviting. That leaves me with some 'big old' names people told me they were a must, staple players in the PSL scene and consistent/motivated players. I've also checked every request for entering the tour even after I had made the first list, just to see If I skipped anyone important.

Spoiler

Automated_tournaments_from_team_preview.

Thats roughly every Doubles automated tournament since Team Preview exist. While this doesnt prove anyone worth inviting you can see whos either interested enough in practicing vs other players or can tolerate Doubles enough to go in for the prices. This was made with a simple algorithm that punctuates getting two second places slightly above than a first place, plus counts up to T8 when 64 players tour and up to T4 when 32. Heres the full list of players in case anyone wants to figure it out. 

Spoiler

Lluvvia 74
WESTKH 61
Santiii 52
AngelosRed 47
OrangeManiac 47
NagaHex 38
MaatthewMLG 33
gbwead 32
Busso 29
Fishcakes 29
getovaherez 28
Bfu 27
Zigh 27
Stelian 25
MichaelArs 25
mspinguino 22
Sebat 22
bblloomberg 21
Frags 21
MadaraSixSix 21
PSaber 19
plata 19
RealDevilLegend 17 
Joalza 16
LicnselessRider 16
TiToooo 16
HernJet 14
CamilaKawaiiChan 14
AlejandroGB 14
BasaraTojo 14
AJoStyle 13
Xigbaar 11
LKrenz 11  
diOxpro 11
xZeroTwo 11
abstractt 11
Kepzal 10 
PoseidonWrath 10
Redav 10
Imabetheverybest 10
CrissCy 9
HaseKirie 8 
DarkQuiller 8
Elregur 8 
LelouchZeroo 8
ChilyOCB 8
Cali 8  
jiaowoounijianga 8
Schuchty 8 
Roxxass 8
PigPecs 6
Mkns 6
GulySilver 6
QneShot 5
Oscarfail 5
Satyr 5
SarahMitch 5 
gerardowa 5
lKillua 5
EpicVerde 5 
JRyuk 5
Sofiik 5
Kyros 5 
Rahico 5 
LimitOff 5
iJulianFNT 3
Nahwel 3 
isperea 3
evandon 3
Lockmithmon 3
Makx 3
Kamowanthere 3
Beatpool 3
RHENOR 3 
LENSD 3 
AssasinGK 3 
kevinjesusz 3
grucccccc 3
PPiKaaChu 3
xSparkie 3 
Hopy 3
Kimikozen 3
iTzSantosXx 3
DMBrianCM 3 
YEYOxD 3 
YODY 3 
demonmatias 3
zeroouk 3
boyscap 3
Cristi 3
tabodr 3 
bellzebuth 3
WellexGame 3
Bommo 3
Beebam 3
EagleMana 3
DoctorJJ 3
sixsixsixt 3
Artemiseta 3 
DarioMG 3 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, Leviatharian said:

LF my Name smpf

Sorry I really tried to search any accomplishment and asked out for references and I got nothing impressive from you. If you want to join the discord and/or PM there with whatever you want I'm all ears.

Edited by Lluvvia

thanks for the invite but im not joining, i dont have a free time like i had time ago, with work and other real life stuff i dont have the time i would like to bring to tours like this/psl or others

probably i would play some matches but i dont know if i would play all, also i cant give the effort as i like/want

good luck to all, hope you have fun

Edited by Nawe
wtf invite n19 for a god
54 minutes ago, Nawe said:

thanks for the invite but im not joining, i dont have a free time like i had time ago, with work and other real life stuff i dont have the time i would like to bring to tours like this/psl or others

probably i would play some matches but i dont know if i would play all, also i cant give the effort as i like/want

good luck to all, hope you have fun

The bench too strong

And so, everyone who received an invitation entered the cave and sat around a strange table set in a shabby way.
Between a low uproar the evening began, with the attendees enjoying their cup and their lava cookie, until someone asked the question.

Rendi: tf are we doing? Is this not supposed to be a reunion to discuss a tournament?

Mysterious Host: (still munchin ') is NOT exactly a tournament, it is a challenge, a test of courage and a great risk.

DoubleJ: by risk, will you not refer to a health risk? - Asks while flexing his doctor's diploma -

Mysterious host: Hmm could be. The test will start with 5 Swiss rounds, in which people will face each other matched by their results. This means that at the start of round 2 there will be 16 people 1-0 and 16 people 0-1; at the beginning of round 3 there will be 8 people 2-0, 16 people 1-1 and 8 people 0-2; at the beginning of round 4 there will be 4 people 3-0, 12 people 2-1, 12 people 1-2 and then, BAM, someone dies.

Nagahex: Boludeces! (Bullshit!)

WESTKH: 这 家伙 说 什么

Julian: I'd smash a hot ... wait wrong phrase.

gbwead: (torching his baguette as if it were a cigar): and why would I want to die for a shit tie ... erhm format?

Mysterious Host: Well, not literally die, but every person whose record passes the 3 defeats will be completely out, and with it his run will have died.

Nahwel: I think uhh things in life, I think uhmm I get out of here.

DoctorPBC (snapping his fingers thanos-like): and then what?

Mysterious host: all people who after the fifth round have not come down from the X-2 (16 players) will have qualified for the (best of three) knockout phase. The results 5-0 and 4-1 in the winners bracket and the others in losers. With all this understood, the session is up; who feels strong may accept the challengue and who doesn't... I guess can run for the hills with Nahwel.

RealDevilLegend: Donde está Zigh? (Where's Zigh)

AlejandroGB: He keeps trying to get his Snorlax through the door, let's save him effort.

Edited by Lluvvia

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.