DerpyBubblez

Question

12 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, DeadGorilla said:

referring to level caps in story i think

This.

8 minutes ago, suigin said:

That'd allow you to use a level 15 Hydreigon in Sinnoh though

True, but Nintendo apparently gave out a Level 50 Dragonite back in Gen 4 (I think). It was basically banned by the anti-cheat, for being lower than normal.

6 minutes ago, razimove said:

No thanks, game is pretty easy as it is, if xela can beat the game or almost beat it with 6 spindas, anyone can beat it.

It's not really the difficulty, it's more of it just being dumb that a Pokemon essentially can't be sent out in battle. I'm technically almost finished with Unova and Kanto, but it'd be a lot less tedious if I could just use a higher level Pokemon to quickly beat out the lower level Pokemon that I'm grinding on.

Actually, another suggestion would be to allow the player to force a level cap, so you can't accidentally bypass it while grinding in another region.

2 minutes ago, DerpyBubblez said:

umb that a Pokemon essentially can't be sent out in battle.

same happens in the handhelds iirc, it's a mechanic present in the original games. also, you can force a level cap, with an item shop item named amnesia brace, the only untradable item in the vanity shop (for reasons that we still want to know, it's just pooped), it's not forced, just prevents leveling

Edited by razimove
5 minutes ago, razimove said:

same happens in the handhelds iirc, it's a mechanic present in the original games. also, you can force a level cap, with an item shop item named amnesia brace, the only untradable item in the vanity shop (for reasons that we still want to know, it's just pooped), it's not forced, just prevents leveling

From what I remember, there's just a chance of a Pokemon not following orders. Though, I only ever seemed to notice it with traded Pokemon.