Question about region-hopping

I started in Hoenn and whatnot, and have the options to go to the other 2 regions. My question is "How exactly does that work?" cause I'm very doubtful it works like Gen 2 where you can just go and everything is fine.

Do the pokeymans and NPCs in Regions 2&3 have their scaling changed?

Does nothing change and I just have a boring overpowered adventure with my Hoenn team?

Or does the badge-level-cap autism start all over again, and I have to—essentially—leave my Hoenn team behind, and start all over?

Side question; Can I go to and from other regions with the ferry freely? Does it cost anything? Travel cooldowns? I've been able to go for a while but didn't wanna risk being stuck for some unknown reason.

2nd Side question; Do I keep all my items and money if I can't use my pikamuns there?

Each region has its own level cap per-badge, your current party/existing monsters are stored in the PC and the story will start over as usual.

You are able to take any existing monsters you own from the PC but they will follow the badge caps from within that new region.

It does not cost anything to travel between regions and there are no cooldowns, however you'll need to speak to your Mother (before you have 4 badges and have reached that regions respective port town) if you wish to travel back before you finish the new regions story.

Yes you keep all of your items and money too.

You can travel for free, as often as you like, between regions. There are a few conditions.

• When you arrive in a new region for the first time, your pokemon are sent to your PC.
  • You will keep all your pokemon, money and items.
  • You will not be able to control pokemon who are currently above your max obedience level for the region you join. You can raise your obedience level by gaining badges.
  • Pokemon brought to and from regions function exactly as they do in their original region, except for Unova pokemon, who are too shy to be selected as a follower. You can use a mod to change this though.

If you go to a new region for the first time, you are able to go back by talking to your mom. If you gain 2 badges, you will have to wait until you get 4 badges and find a port city in order to return.

Edit: What he said.

Edited by Kole
Darkshade is fastboi
  • Mike locked and unlocked this topic