Change Amulet Coin to a "Per Battle" basis system

Raichuforyou

Question

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, razimove said:

This makes a lot of sense, and would also help beginners, as they don't clear content as fast, so it would bring the same value no matter your progress on the game.

Exactly this. I don't believe that the benefit to completing your entire gym run within an hour should be a higher rate of pay. The reward itself is that you completed itself in 1 hour efficiently.

Totally agreed. This would actually make the item interesting for people like me, that only just reached rematches and finished the regions. Right now the item is pretty much useless cause I won't earn enough to make it worth it for me. Having a flat set of battles would solve this problem and allow some more fun in the game while using them.

I think 25 battles is too much.

Right now you can beat the 7 gyms in Kanto and 8 gyms in Hoenn in an hour with a good team with no mistakes. So 15 matches. Anything more would be a buff to the Amulet Coin, and lets be honest, the devs don't like buffing anything. 15 would be good enough because for people that can clear Kanto and Hoenn gyms in an hour nothing would change for them and for those that can't will see the change as a buff. Everyone wins.

Just now, Archiver said:

Right now you can beat the 7 gyms in Kanto and 8 gyms in Hoenn in an hour with a good team with no mistakes. So 15 matches. Anything more would be a buff to the Amulet Coin, and lets be honest, the devs don't like buffing anything. 15 would be good enough because for people that can clear Kanto and Hoenn gyms in an hour nothing would change for them and for those that can't will see the change as a buff. Everyone wins.

You can do more than the 15 matches you have there, if you bring proper team tho, Torkoal + Typhlosion, Mamoswine + Aerodactyl, muddy water kingdra + pelipper destroy gyms really fast.

52 minutes ago, Archiver said:

A neat method of using the amulet coin right now is using an alt just to battle Morimoto every day. Since the amulet coin saves the time even after logging off you can get 15+ battles quite comfortably - So I don't think 25 is particularly a buff.

Edited by Etozuri

I just wish the time would go off when I'm not battling. I don't mind the amulet coin timer when I'm battling a gym leader, but when I afk or just walk around from one gym leader to another, the timer just forces you to rush through everything. If the amulet coin timer was something like 30 mins that would elapse only during battles, it would be imo preferable.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:38 AM, Archiver said:

lol what, im doing full kanto + hoenn + morimoto + 5 unova gymleader in one amulet coin, so 25 battles would be pretty spot on, even a slight nerf

Why not just change the timers to be "battle timers" so the timer only ticks down in battle and not elsewhere? Still promotes good strategy in battle as well as being fast and decisive in battles, but still lets you chill out with friends in between fights or just slow down and do it over the course of a few hours?

Obviously you should reduce overall time of boosts to make up for having no timers between battles

On 8/12/2019 at 12:40 AM, razimove said:

You can do more than the 15 matches you have there, if you bring proper team tho, Torkoal + Typhlosion, Mamoswine + Aerodactyl, muddy water kingdra + pelipper destroy gyms really fast.

Could you please explain Mamoswine + Aerodactyl combo ? I understand other one but no clue about this one.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, RIchardZheng said:

Why not just change the timers to be "battle timers" so the timer only ticks down in battle and not elsewhere? Still promotes good strategy in battle as well as being fast and decisive in battles, but still lets you chill out with friends in between fights or just slow down and do it over the course of a few hours?

Obviously you should reduce overall time of boosts to make up for having no timers between battles

I think the problem is that this still incentivizes anyone who has a level 100 sweeper to just do the gyms that way. I have a Cradily and Blissey that could easily solo some entire gym leaders, it's just that their playstyles are inherently defensive and slow as they chip away at their opponents.

1 minute ago, Raichuforyou said:

I think the problem is that this still incentivizes anyone who has a level 100 sweeper to just do the gyms that way. I have a Cradily and Blissey that could easily solo some entire gym leaders, it's just that their playstyles are inherently defensive and slow as they chip away at their opponents.

Still, I see why they want people to go hardcore speedrun mode with gyms, they wanted some hard grind but that also provides a good reward. With battle only timers, it would keep the battles a grind but not force you to go crazy for an hour.

Let's be honest, just rain stalling with toxic would be the #1 strat for grinding without timers in battles. And even if you are slower in doing gym battles, it is still rewarding

On 8/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, razimove said:

can you tell me the movesets for these guys? or is it just standard smogon sets