Badge-based level caps

>Combusken gets enough Exp to hit L34

>[Combusken can't level up without more badges!]
"Oh, well Flannery is right here at least."
>Beat Flannery
>Combusken gets enough Exp to hit L36 and thus evolve

Is this some kind of joke.

I got a badge and it only raised my level cap by 2.

Are you for real, devs

There's very little content between the 4th and 5th gyms. The caps are based on the levels of the leaders, hence why your cap doesn't increase much for this one. You'll get your evolution after you beat the next one.

If you're consistently hitting the level cap, you may need to add some more members to your team - you'll struggle a lot later on if you're only raising 1-2. The game has been balanced with a full team of 5-6 in mind.

1 minute ago, Rache said:

There's very little content between the 4th and 5th gyms. The caps are based on the levels of the leaders, hence why your cap doesn't increase much for this one. You'll get your evolution after you beat the next one.

If you're consistently hitting the level cap, you may need to add some more members to your team - you'll struggle a lot later on if you're only raising 1-2. The game has been balanced with a full team of 5-6 in mind.

"Balanced"

Good one.

I was gonna drop some money on this game but not now. This is ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Gravemind93 said:

"Balanced"

Good one.

I was gonna drop some money on this game but not now. This is ridiculous.

It’s a pretty known thing that having having a full party of Pokémon is essential to beating most major battles in the game. Also the level cap for that instance like Rache said has very little content as you go straight from the 4th to the 5th gym unless you want to pick a few battles in the desert. Your gonna have to elaborate more on why you think it wouldn’t be balanced cause you should have no problem with the main stories if you have a well balanced team near the level cap.

9 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

>Combusken gets enough Exp to hit L34

"Oh, well Flannery is right here at least."
>Beat Flannery
>Combusken gets enough Exp to hit L36 and thus evolve

Is this some kind of joke.

I got a badge and it only raised my level cap by 2.

Are you for real, devs

Its not like this gives you any disadvantage. Cap has always the same gap to the next leaders strongest pokemon and non of your exp are lost.

2 hours ago, Etozuri said:

Yes balanced, unlike the main games where you can beat the entire region with your one over leveled starter.

to be fair here, before Unova, and even on Unova release, you could beat the regions with a single starmie with beambolt set, that, together with items from storyline being tradable, made it the best money making method back then, was like 1m per 5 hours which is p.much what would take you to beat hoenn. So now with this, not only does it promote strategy, even if little, but there's some, but also promotes you to interact with other players, discuss what mons are best to XYZ etc, I do believe this is good, the way it was introduced could have been a little better? Maybe it could, but it's working I guess

• Lin locked this topic