Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Theet

Sometimes this game feels like it’s twisted

Recommended Posts

I was just wondering why training, breeding, and getting movesets on Pokémon in th game is super tedious. Half of the hidden abilities aren’t there, we’re missing a lot of comp Pokemon, it costs a lot to breed and it is also very time consuming, and we have to spend a lot of money for stuff like moves and time for training them up to lvl 100. And then for some reason rare items like lucky eggs are now completely dropped in value. So it almost seems like competitive stuff should be way easier to do so that everyone can play comp while stuff like rare items should be tough to obtain so that there remains some hunting aspect to the game. But instead it’s the other way around where trying and breeding is super tedious and finding an item like a lucky egg is apparently simple. Am I the only one that thinks this game is starting to go backwards instead of forwards or am I just being impatient and need to wait it out a little longer? 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Theet said:

I was just wondering why training, breeding, and getting movesets on Pokémon in th game is super tedious. Half of the hidden abilities aren’t there, we’re missing a lot of comp Pokemon, it costs a lot to breed and it is also very time consuming, and we have to spend a lot of money for stuff like moves and time for training them up to lvl 100. And then for some reason rare items like lucky eggs are now completely dropped in value. So it almost seems like competitive stuff should be way easier to do so that everyone can play comp while stuff like rare items should be tough to obtain so that there remains some hunting aspect to the game. But instead it’s the other way around where trying and breeding is super tedious and finding an item like a lucky egg is apparently simple. Am I the only one that thinks this game is starting to go backwards instead of forwards or am I just being impatient and need to wait it out a little longer? 

Breeding is easier since the old guy give you the egg instantly.

The only comp missing are some of the fourth gen.

You can always do 2x31 3x28-30, to much cheaps mons with that ivs.
The Hidden abs will still missing for some time I think. 
Giant chasm piloswine horde are a good way to lvl them up to 100 or done gym rush.
I usually waste 20 to 30 minutes to beed a comp mon.

I was watching all the complainments in the forums and I notice about how the people want everything easy and quickly without any effort. You can farm npc for money, you can waste 20 to 30 minutes to make a comp.You can find a good spot to lvl up mons. I think you are a little impatient and wants everything inmediatly and in a easy way. 

Share this post


Link to post

While it is true in most cases, 'costly' is not synonymous with 'rare'.

I'll explain; Lucky Eggs were more expensive prior to the consumable changes because they were a permanent boost that everybody benefited from at all times - to the point where it effectively became the exp floor - nobody leveled up their monsters without it.

Their value was also permanent, hence they were more expensive.

And it is also true that in terms of held item rate, the Lucky Egg was lower pre-update.

 

However, in terms of actual quantity, the Lucky Egg was incredibly common - there was a large stockpile with more being added to the game every day.

The Lucky Egg wasn't rare in the literal sense at all, they were destined to go down in price as time went on, because the quantity of them would only ever increase.

 

The recent update made them a more stable commodity, with their value likely remaining roughly the same as it is currently, because they are being brought out of the game as they're being brought in.

They're rarer now than they were before.

 

In regards to breeding, as pointed out above - it's arguably easier here than it is in vanilla.

And to further this - in regards to expense, your comps are your primary tools for the rest of the game, it would be difficult to name something that could be justifiably given so much focus.

Even so, the price of a comp scales with how 'perfect' you'd like them to be, usable comps are not very expensive at all, with 'perfect' comps being costly, which is a reasonable expense as they aren't necessary, rather an advantageous luxury.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Xigbar said:

Breeding is easier since the old guy give you the egg instantly.

The only comp missing are some of the fourth gen.

You can always do 2x31 3x28-30, to much cheaps mons with that ivs.
The Hidden abs will still missing for some time I think. 
Giant chasm piloswine horde are a good way to lvl them up to 100 or done gym rush.
I usually waste 20 to 30 minutes to beed a comp mon.

I was watching all the complainments in the forums and I notice about how the people want everything easy and quickly without any effort. You can farm npc for money, you can waste 20 to 30 minutes to make a comp.You can find a good spot to lvl up mons. I think you are a little impatient and wants everything inmediatly and in a easy way. 

1) How much does it cost you to breed 2x31 and 3x28-30 mons?

2) It really takes you 20-30 min to breed a comp mon? I highly doubt that, especially when you're looking at mons that require multiple egg moves from different parents.

 

People are complaining because the update has made a few things unnecessarily harder for the people who play comp. The prices for breeding haven't dropped, and making money through gym runs has become more tedious than what it earlier was. You can call people impatient / spoiled for wanting things to be easier, but 1) things were a lot easier in 2015 or 2016 where your breeders didn't die, and 2) for people solely interested in competitive battling, there are simulators that let you create a team in less than five minutes. The one benefit from this is that PP max prices have lowered, which really helps me. 

 

Let's also talk about other expenses that you're missing out on. Firstly pp maxing certain moves, then there's move tutors, and if it's a BP move, good luck grinding ranked. Oh, and if the mon needs Hidden Power, then 20x gems. Wrong ability on the mon when it's bred? Another Ability Pill on it. All in all, you're looking at an extra 100k for the movesetting. The grind isn't over there since you need to ev train and level up as well. I have to breed 2x mons with almost same set but with the only difference in the two being one move. 

 

Now when the HAs come out, a lot of the comps you bred are probably going to be useless / need to be rebred. Which means repeating almost everything you've done once again. All of this could / can be fixed by having something like a "Hidden Ability Pill" or something of that sort, but that's not going to be happen. The HAs are missing for us, but apparently not for the NPCs. 

 

You make it sound like spending hours and hours on this game to be something very casual or ordinary, when actually it's super unhealthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

1) How much does it cost you to breed 2x31 and 3x28-30 mons?

2) It really takes you 20-30 min to breed a comp mon? I highly doubt that, especially when you're looking at mons that require multiple egg moves from different parents.

 

People are complaining because the update has made a few things unnecessarily harder for the people who play comp. The prices for breeding haven't dropped, and making money through gym runs has become more tedious than what it earlier was. You can call people impatient / spoiled for wanting things to be easier, but 1) things were a lot easier in 2015 or 2016 where your breeders didn't die, and 2) for people solely interested in competitive battling, there are simulators that let you create a team in less than five minutes. The one benefit from this is that PP max prices have lowered, which really helps me. 

 

Let's also talk about other expenses that you're missing out on. Firstly pp maxing certain moves, then there's move tutors, and if it's a BP move, good luck grinding ranked. Oh, and if the mon needs Hidden Power, then 20x gems. Wrong ability on the mon when it's bred? Another Ability Pill on it. All in all, you're looking at an extra 100k for the movesetting. The grind isn't over there since you need to ev train and level up as well. I have to breed 2x mons with almost same set but with the only difference in the two being one move. 

 

Now when the HAs come out, a lot of the comps you bred are probably going to be useless / need to be rebred. Which means repeating almost everything you've done once again. All of this could / can be fixed by having something like a "Hidden Ability Pill" or something of that sort, but that's not going to be happen. The HAs are missing for us, but apparently not for the NPCs. 

 

You make it sound like spending hours and hours on this game to be something very casual or ordinary, when actually it's super unhealthy. 

1.- 200k -250k

2.- Easier to find any 2x28 mon with the egg moves you need.

 

So you say is tedious the gym rush? 1typhlosion, 1 mence and 1 jolteon solve your problem or gym rush.

 

Since the gems are not expensive is not a problem at all. Pill is a problem true but you are forgetting something. Not all mons need it. BP ok, after beat each E4 they give you bp, only in the first rush thats is part of thr history.

 

I dont see  a real problem about the npc have ha and you dont. Is a problem if anpther player have it and you not so I think complain about that is like complain 'cause one computer is blue and yours is red

 

How much time i told to. spend here? I didnt said even an exactly time. I spend 2 hours - 3 hours per day and that i do it like. 1 hour, then another hour and then another one or just  30 minutes and after that 1 hour.

 

I thinl the complaining here is just 'cause want everything easy and without effort. If you played before any pokemon game you will find that was harder, spent more time and was more difficult to lvl up mons. Only If you used pokesav, pokehex or other programm to create mons inside the original pokemon games then  you only waste 5 seconds to create one. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

When I arrive to home i will screen shot some dragon mons with 28 evs and price just to show up how expensive it is. As an example obviously. I said dragon 'cause are one of the most used mons in game. 

 

For me is not expensive, the old man give you the egg asap and born in minutes with flame body. But i will do that until i arrive to home, doing it in the cellphone is hard

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
Just now, Xigbar said:

So you say is tedious the gym rush? 1typhlosion, 1 mence and 1 jolteon solve your problem or gym rush.

I didn't mean tedious as in that doing the gym run was hard. It's very boring in the sense that it is not challenging, and you repeat the same thing you're doing over and over again. Now if I need to profit from doing my gym run, I need to make sure that I complete it within a particular frame of time, whereas earlier I could do it at my own pace by watching something on the side.

 

Just now, Xigbar said:

Since the gems are not expensive is not a problem at all. Pill is a problem true but you are forgetting something. Not all mons need it. BP ok, after beat each E4 they give you bp, only in the first rush thats is part of thr history.

I spent 80k ish in total for 20x Fire Gems. To me that is expensive since that's almost in the same range as a gym run. You're right that not every mon needs an ability pill, but a majority of them may require one if you receive the undesired ability upon breeding. Right, so if a mon needs a BP move, I will need to grind a separate ranked / unranked session. Moreover, it is more likely that for someone starting out in comp, they may not be able to grind the ranked session (2.3k BP per match) because of insufficient comps, so they'll have to do it through trainer tower or maybe unranked. Then once they get the necessary BP for a tutor move, they'll need to repeat grinding ranked for other comp items such as choice band / specs / scarf / eviolite / flame orb / toxic orb, and they may need multiple of the first four. 

 

Just now, Xigbar said:

I dont see  a real problem about the npc have ha and you dont. Is a problem if anpther player have it and you not so I think complain about that is like complain 'cause one computer is blue and yours is red

The problem about the NPC having HA and us not having HA is that the devs CHOOSE to not give us HA at the moment. They could easily have given us HAs, which would have spared us from breeding a lot of mons that may eventually go to waste once HAs do come out. People are not going to run Inner Focus Dragonite when they could be running Multiscale Dragonite. That will require re-breeding, re-evtraining, re-levelling up, re-movesetting, re-ppmaxing, re-obtaining BP for extremespeed. 

 

Another reason why the NPC having HA is a problem is because it puts you at a disadvantage if you are grinding for BP at the Battle Tower. They have legendaries too. How is that fair?

 

Just now, Xigbar said:

How much time i told to. spend here? I didnt said even an exactly time. I spend 2 hours - 3 hours per day and that i do it like. 1 hour, then another hour and then another one or just  30 minutes and after that 1 hour.

No comp player is ever going to stand a chance of winning an official if they only spend 2-3 hours per day on the game. They'll need to keep that up for a month in order to truly have a chance. I get that the more time you spend on the game should give you an advantage over others that don't, but you shouldn't be forced to spend x amount of hours to be able to properly compete. 

 

Just now, Xigbar said:

I thinl the complaining here is just 'cause want everything easy and without effort. If you played before any pokemon game you will find that was harder, spent more time and was more difficult to lvl up mons. Only If you used pokesav, pokehex or other programm to create mons inside the original pokemon games then  you only waste 5 seconds to create one. 

 

I don't mind if things weren't easy, I really don't. But things here are always on the opposite ends of the spectrum. If something is challenging, the reward is terrible. For instance, look at the E4. Getting 60k + some BP for beating 5 trainers with level 100s, full restores etc. and without healing, is a terrible reward. And for the boring aspect of doing gym runs, it's like you said, just pull up a mence / typhlo / jolteon and you're good to go. 

 

Just now, Xigbar said:

When I arrive to home i will screen shot some dragon mons with 28 evs and price just to show up how expensive it is. As an example obviously. I said dragon 'cause are one of the most used mons in game. 

 

For me is not expensive, the old man give you the egg asap and born in minutes with flame body. But i will do that until i arrive to home, doing it in the cellphone is hard

Have you undergone the pain of breeding Haze + Rapid Spin on Tentacruel? Breeding Head Smash on Aron? A lot of the times, the egg moves that you would want your breeders to pass on are available at a higher level than what is available in the GTL. That requires levelling up, and then breeding it. The same goes with breeding baby mons, where you need to then spend more money feeding it happiness berries, and then breeding it. I'm saying this to show that breeding will take sometimes much longer than 30 minutes. 

Edited by NikhilR

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.