I had some ideas to improve the Link up with other players,
il list them for simplicity
- Follow Function (<-- should also work when NOT linked up)
When you right click a player you can choose Follow as a option.
il be copy pasting from old post alot but
i also had 2 settings in mind that would be usefull
Setting1: Enable/Disable Follow (Default: Enabled) (Enables or disables the follow function for others, so unwanted people cannot follow you, has no effect on you being able to follow someone else!)
Setting2: Enable/Disable Auto Spectate (Default: Disabled) ( When your Follow target enters battle you automaticly enter in spectate mode, cool for friends traveling/playing together)
Things to mind:
1. when a player follows another player, he will not be able to follow after usage of surf , strenght , waterfall fly u name it, i was going to say it would be nice if HM usage was also linked when in a "Link" but i believe this would promote afking, and it could be exploited in the story line.
(example: player A uses cut on tree and while linked player B sees the tree dissappear also, same with strenght) <-- what i ment
2. when a player who is following another player enters battle, the battle cancels the follow function.
3. when a player who is BEING followed jumps on his bike, it should not break the follow function untill a certain distance ( out of view maybe?)
4. Battle requests and Trade requests should not break your follow function, with a small exception of battle request canceling follow function if the battle is accepted (see point 2)
5. when switching map the follow function should not break, tho due to connection speed i anticipate that it could be unstable , so once again if out of visual range follow should stop. otherwise it should use pathtracing to get back behind the follow target.
- Enable Double Battles to be 2vs2
First to clarify i have no idea if this is actually already implemented with certain rules attached because in the Xmas event we was able to do 2vs2 while close enough to eachother, but this concept would be cool if it also worked that way in the 3 regions when a player engages in a double battle. Offcourse if a endgame player teams up with a lower level player it would be a way for friends to help eachother out, i believe this is called powerleveling wich many MMO's have so its not a bad thing in my opinion, on top of that the ammount of double battle trainers is low as hell, fun for people playing together tho, it promotes team play a little bit.
things to mind:
cannot use this on wild hordes the ability to catch a mon would create a problem when there is 2 trainers and 1 shiny.
and even when auto spectate is on it should draw the closest linkpartner in for the battle.
( optionally make a 3th setting to enable/disable 2vs2, wich should overrule the auto spec setting).
(Default setting: Enabled)
oh! also i believe a gym or two is also a double battle, i believe it should not work on gyms because this could be exploited.
- See eachother on the map! ( big one for me)
It would be really handy if you could link up and have it behave like how a party behaves, including map visibility of eachothers location.
Considering the android users and how the chat isnt very flexible ( ex: you cannot see chat instantly and u can easily miss the fact u got a pm by being distracted with ingame content) it would be super super nice to have this.
ex: u see the heads of your link partners in the town map as wich town or route they are on
(empty if your in a different channel for some reason)
things that crossed my mind and didnt make it:
- while linked can see eachothers base
(no real functionality, and is already a friends feature)
- HM usage linked
( story line can be broken and exploited with this)
If somehow a system would be in place to check if the player has the right to use the HM yes or no based on their badges in current region, then this would be possible but i dont want to suggest something that sounds like alot of work to the dev team.
If anyone has a idea to add please dont be shy. I saw link got improved lately and i was like , Why stop there?
dont forget to upvote if you support this idea