Hello, the thing i want to debate in this thread is about to reset all ranked stats, i talked about that to a lot of peoples in my team, and in others teams, and they all agree with the thing that reset all ranked stats could be a good thing, ill try to list what i think are advantages and disadvantages about it, and ill give the suggestions for a new ranked system the ppl gave me too. Be free to suggest things i could forgot or to tell me why these things could be bad.
First of all, this is what i want to suggest or what ppl suggested to me for the new ranked system:
- Create a system of seasons, like in Overwatch or LoL. I think it could be a good thing for the reasons ill explain after.
- Give rewards in the end of each season to the top ladder. Could be like high rewards for the top 3 and smalls rewards for 3 to 10. Be free to suggest what rewards it could be.
- Create a New ELO system, where only good players could be on the top ladder, because actually a bad player with 35% winrate but 15 win in a row could be top 20.
- Resurrect the UU and NU ladder: We actually all know the nu/uu ladder are dead, and i think reset all stats with a system of seasons could be good to resurrect them because ppl always want to be in the top ladder of a category, they will probably become dead again after this, but it could be good to have active UU/NU ladder for 1month, and they could resurrect again with each reset.
- Show the actual level of peoples: There are ppl in the ladder with more than 1500 games and around 50-55% winrate, but among them there are ppl who win 65% of their game since some months, but they still at 50-55% WR because they have too much game to change their winrate. The thing is ppl always progress, they doesnt keep the same level and it's why a reset of ranked stats could show the actual level of ppl, after their progress.
- About the rewards: A lot of ppl told me, and we actually all see that the ppl doesnt care a lot about the ranked system. A lot of top/good players doesnt play ranked because it's useless, the only thing u can win actually with ranked is to become "popular" or to win some BPs, but u don't need to be in the top ladder to win some BPs. It's why i think give rewards to the top ladder could give a motivation to ppl who doesnt actually care a lot of ranked.
- Peoples will need to tryhard each season to be in the top ladder, there is actually some old players, or just players who stopped ranked since a long time, who still in the top 30. But as i think these ppl doesnt care about ranked things, it's maybe not a bad thing if they lose their place in the ranking. So it could be an advantage too.
- Peoples who did 1500 games will lose all their "efforts", but, again, i don't know if it's really a bad thing. It's pretty like when they implemented the new breed system for genderless in the update of february. It was a bad thing for old players who spent a lot of money is their genderless comps, but it was a good thing for the new generation of people and the futur of pokemmo.
- I maybe forgot a lot of disadvantages, i let u explain me why a reset of ranking stats could be a bad thing.
PS: Sorry if i made some spelling mistakes, my english isnt really great