Hi, so this suggestion might be a bit out there but I thought I'd post it anyways.
I find myself often browsing through the GTL looking for market opportunities since I'm pretty new to the game, and often need to check what sells well to make some money or know where to invest. People tell me "just berry farm" but I'd love to have a way to analyze data.
Making this available ingame would be a pain in the ass and a huge project I never see realized, but would it be possible to have an API which makes the last hour/day/more? of GTL transactions available? The programming for visualization and analysis could be done by the community here, with all the filtering and querying happening on other servers once they build their databases.
For the people who don't immediately see the advantages of this:
- think of stock market charts: you could see the average prize of a certain pokemon sold, as well as check the stats for each transaction so you know what your 3x31 IV you just caught can be worth on the market without guessing and wasting $1k and 20 days of waiting
- we could check Item and Pokemon demands - right now all you see is offer, which tells you for instance that a huge load of blue pokeblock plus is being sold, but not that they also sell the best (I would assume) for the sole reason of Milotic
- For competitive, we would gain insight into meta trends by what people buy a lot of (and probably breed)
- you could benchmark your recent sales to see if you wasted money
- the community could provide historical data of trades which PokeMMO already pruned for later reference
I am pretty sure PokeMMO keeps a database (or huge xml file) of transactions, if only for triggering events like Mail containing the pokemon in case of a full box and safety in case of severe server lag or faulty transactions in order to roll them back and re-imburse players.
I am very well aware this is a huge request. I am a huge fan of the GTL feature since it's everything pokemon ever needed, and much better than ingame.
If you want a mockup of what kind of site I personally have in mind, I could do with ~100 rows of old transaction data for a test version since I know some PHP.