For backstory, I initially had a question regarding battle Animations, which I asked yesterday, where I was thankful for the initial quick reply, but that very easily deviated with today's reply. Anyways, this is my suggestion and some logical fallacy I've already seen on my short time here, not a hate post, but an attempt at some constructive feedback
1: Why did I ask about animation?
- Since the fire red version of pokemon i grew up with had that feature, and i just wanted quicker battles
2: Well what's the issue, why make this?
- Since others decided to turn that old thread into a "why it's fair to not to have battle animation", which let me remind you was never the purpose of the thread. Shoving their own justifications down then locking it, lead to this
3: What's the argument then?
- None, I just thought the PvE, at least kanto or other regions should retain disabling battle animation, if the purpose of this game mod was to preserve the original games. Lastly, one of the admins argued "Having players stop animations to hunt faster and progress through the storyline or farm for money, pokes, etc quicker is not what we want to have occur. This is a massively online world where everyone playing is contributing to the world in some way including the economy of the server." and basically implied that it" skewed the game's economy"
which it wouldn't and locked the thread with "your opinion is duly noted and we keep our stance" and some "fair play" jargon.
Anyways, my points remain, if the purpose of this mod was to be faithful to the original games, disabling battle Animations is only fair, and it does not, in any meaningful way lead to farming abuse/insane progression boost as they're falsely suggesting. If you will suggest that, I'll want some stat's or any objective info to back that up next time please. Maybe server usage and playtime charts, or anything to prove that, not a blank statement. I remember playing fire red in a game boy sp, and took me 60+ hours to get 20 pokemons to 60-70 with disabled animation. Levelling is more complex, and level differences play a major factor into it
4: Why tag the admin part?
- An admin suggested, pokemmo does everything to keep a level playing field. Which is false. You can pay for 25% extra exp, which is very much the definition of profiting people that pay, by offering incentives to speed up game progress. This obviously puts non paying players at a disadvantage, as they will take 25% longer to level up pokemons. Once again, if you really want fair and equality, all the shop should be monetising is visual items, that have visual effects only and does not alter player progression within the game. Others can also choose to pledge to support packs where the money goes into server costs, rather than offering increased Exp. This invalides the fair play spiel which I see thrown around
5. So can you sum it up?
- Gladly, my original point was, "can i disable battle Animations on non pvp games?" the answer was no. However others got on board and added some fair play spiel, which was unnecessary to begin with. Anyways, that's my opinion on that. Having battle animations enabled would mean:
-more faithful to base game
- doesn't negatively skew progression
- doesn't make it more unfair, or easier to farm
- fair play is bs, since others can pay for a quarter of their game being boosted
-and mods/admins shouldn't band Wagon to support others that agree with their sentiment. In my old thread someone else came in and deviated from my original question. It was never a thread about my opinions
Other than that, I'm more that happy to hear why im wrong, how I'm wrong. But once again, this is my opinion, and I'll be open to constructive arguments.