Welcome to PokeMMO! This is the PokeMMO Code of Conduct, which states how we moderate the various services provided by us (Forums, In-Game, IRC).
You are required to follow this Code of Conduct while using our Forums and playing the Game:
1. Rules related to "Chat" and communication with other users:
- a. You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other persons using our Service (Players and PokeMMO's Staff). This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about people, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- b. You may not spam, flood, or repeatedly make duplicate posts. Messages composed of gibberish ("fjdklasjfld" "asdfsafdsa" "uiouoiuoiuoi") are considered spam.
- c. You may not impersonate any PokeMMO staff (volunteer or employed.)
- d. You may not solicit, advertise, or promote any services other than PokeMMO via PokeMMO's services (forums, in game, irc, etc).
- e. You may not upload, attempt to distribute files, or facilitate the distribution of files that contain viruses, corrupted data, or any other malicious software.
- f. You may not distribute or facilitate distribution of any pirated or illegal software while using PokeMMO's Services.
- g. You may not transmit, distribute, or facilitate distribution of any person's personal information (name, account name, telephone number, address, etc.)
- h. You may not transmit, post, link to, or facilitate distribution of any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content.
- i. You will follow the instructions of PokeMMO's Staff while using PokeMMO's Services.
2. Rules related to Gameplay:
In addition to all rules defined by Section 1 of the Code of Conduct:
- a. You may not exploit errors in design, features which have not been documented, or "bugs" to gain access which is otherwise not available, or to gain an advantage over other players.
- b. You may not communicate any exploitable issues (defined in Section 2 Paragraph A of the Code of Conduct) either directly or through public posting, to any other users of PokeMMO.
- c. While participating in Player vs Player (PvP) gameplay, You may not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to manipulate the outcome of a match, or alter or manipulate any official rankings.
- d. You may not use cheats, automation software (bots), macros, hacks or any third-party software which can be detrimental to other users' experience, nor will you relay or store any items for other users who are using these processes.
- e. You may not exploit the game or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, including without limitation:
- I. Gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game (commonly known as "Real Money Trading")
- II. Performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the game.
- III. For use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of PokeMMO.
3. Rules related to Usernames:
When you choose a character name or a username or otherwise create a label which can be seen by other users when using our Services, you must abide by the following guidelines.
You may not use any Username which:
- a. Belongs to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including PokeMMO's Employees, Volunteers and any other user of PokeMMO's Services;
- b. Incorporates offensive racial, ethic, national, or cultural connotations;
- c. Is sexually suggestive or pornographic;
- d. References any form of criminal activity or drugs;
- e. Makes inappropriate references to the human anatomy or bodily functions;
- f. Uses misspellings or alternative spellings of any of the above guidelines.
These guidelines may not cover all inappropriate or disallowed names. PokeMMO reserves the right to reject any name it concludes, at its sole discretion, to be indecent, obscene, offensive, or otherwise violates the naming guidelines.
4. Miscellaneous Rules:
In addition to all rules defined by Sections 1 and 2 of the Code of Conduct:
- a. You may not attempt to or facilitate any attempts to bypass any restrictions set in place against user accounts or characters.
- b. Exploits (as defined by Section 2, Paragraph A of this document) must be communicated to PokeMMO's Staff within a reasonable timeframe either via PokeMMO's Website or the e-mail address: [email protected]
- c. You may not use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the game, any program which reads and attempts to manipulate network traffic between your Game Client and the Game Server.
- d. You agree that You will not, under any circumstances violate any applicable law or regulation in connect with Your use of the Game or PokeMMO's Services.
- e. You may not disrupt or assist in the disruption of:
- I. Any computer used to support the Services (each "Server")
- II. Any other player's Game experience
5. Forum-specific policies:
The rules in this section apply specifically to the forums at https://forums.pokemmo.eu/
- a. You are required to use the English language when using the PokeMMO forums. Posts written in other languages are required to have an English translation appended to the post.
6. Violation Reports:
If you find a player who is violating the Code of Conduct on these forums, please take the time to report it to us by using the Report button under their post, or the Report button in their profile.
If you find a player in-game who you suspect is violating this code of conduct, please take the time to report it to us in the Player Reports section of this forum: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/28-player-reports/
Certain passages of the PokeMMO Code of Conduct have been simplified in this version. These simplifications include:
- The term "PokeMMO's Employees" and "PokeMMO's Volunteers" are encompassed by the term "PokeMMO's Staff"
You may find the full, legally binding version of this document at http://pokemmo.eu/code_of_conduct/
This document was last updated on June 30th, 2013.