[Hunt Guide] Sketch Guide

Senile

[quote name='Palpatine' timestamp='1360317121' post='189635']
Then how would someone go about getting the moveset I mentioned? Does sketch work in pvp? I didn't think it did...
[/quote]

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Step 3: Use whatever move it is (False Swipe, Payday, Spore, etc.) on the wild Smeargle.*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Step 4: Once the Smeargle has sketched the move, you can either [b]switch** to your own Smeargle to sketch the move off the wild Smeargle[/b], or catch the wild Smeargle and it will retain the sketched move.***[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

The bold part. Sketch doesn't work in PVP, but you can sketch the move that the wild smeargle sketched off of it onto your smeargle using his own sketch.

[quote name='Palpatine' timestamp='1360317121' post='189635']
Then how would someone go about getting the moveset I mentioned? Does sketch work in pvp? I didn't think it did...
[/quote]

Smeargle uses Sketch -> Smeargle learns the sketched move and forgets Sketch -> 10 levels later it will learn Sketch again -> repeat -> ??? -> profit

[quote name='Gandledorf' timestamp='1360356405' post='190173']
Will the move relearner eventually be able to reteach Sketch into empty slots?
[/quote]

Considering that I'm pretty sure you can do that in the games and that there is no reason not to be able to, most likely, yes.

[quote name='Bumrot' timestamp='1360648591' post='194487']
What about Odor Sleuth? Wouldn't it allow Covet and False Swipe to work on ghosts?

I plan on having False Swipe, Covet, Spore, and Odor Sleuth. You could catch and steal anything you want, this way.
[/quote]

I'm sure it would be annoying having to use Odor Sleuth every time you try to steal an item from a ghost type.

[quote name='Bumrot' timestamp='1360648591' post='194487']
What about Odor Sleuth? Wouldn't it allow Covet and False Swipe to work on ghosts?

I plan on having False Swipe, Covet, Spore, and Odor Sleuth. You could catch and steal anything you want, this way.
[/quote]

Odor Sleuth and Foresight don't work yet.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pokechamp' timestamp='1361585086' post='207657']
Guys any way of possibly teaching it explosion yet?
[/quote]

Get a Politoed with Damp, find a Graveler in Cerulean Cave that is at least level 53 (That's when it learns explosion). Once he tries to use Explosion (and fails due to Damp), put him to sleep with Hypnosis so he can't do anything else. After that, switch into Smeargle and sketch him.

Unless Sketch is bugged in some way, this should work, as the working abilities list says Damp works. (But I haven't tested it)

[quote name='Sparky' timestamp='1361591779' post='207724']
woah. smeargle is really strange. I might have to catch one just for something interesting to have. Are they generally special attackers or psychical attackers, or what do they specialize in?

This kinda makes me want to use one :P
[/quote]

Smeargle's stats are terrible across the board. His only half decent stat is speed, and even that is average, he could never be an attacker in any way. The only attacking move he could use would be Explosion, and that's because, well, it's explosion.

[quote name='Sparky' timestamp='1361592173' post='207732']
oh I see. so its not really competetive, its just more of a 'for fun' pokemon.

that about what you are saying
[/quote]

Well, Smeargle is often used as a baton pass chainer in competitive, but baton pass doesn't work yet.

As far as "For Fun", he's the best utility pokemon in the game as of right now, but yes, he can also be used for fun with ridiculous sets.

[size=4][quote name='deric12' timestamp='1361684133' post='208736'][/size]
how am i gonna teach it explosion without kill wild smearlge...
[/quote]

[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1361591214' post='207710']
Get a Politoed with Damp, find a Graveler in Cerulean Cave that is at least level 53 (That's when it learns explosion). Once he tries to use Explosion (and fails due to Damp), put him to sleep with Hypnosis so he can't do anything else. After that, switch into Smeargle and sketch him.[size=4][/quote][/size]

[quote name='MajikDan' timestamp='1360221413' post='188132']
One more thing to add, when trying to teach your Smeargle thief/covet, make sure none of the pokemon you have out during that time is holding an item. Those wild smeargles can take them from you.
[/quote]
So this is how I lost my Leftovers... ;_;

[quote name='Guldfisk' timestamp='1362065072' post='213364']
Can someone explain why this matters and how it works?
Does burn make your pokemon deal less physical damage?
[/quote]

"In general, a burned Pokémon will lose HP every turn, [u]and its damage dealt with a Physical move will be halved.[/u]" ~ http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burn_(status_ailment)